Buying a ASUS laptop need help and advice.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Caretaker, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker

Hi Guys,
    I am new to the forum and want to say hi as a newcomer.

I had a Sony vaio laptop computer 14inch screen and it was outdated and uneconomical to repair and they don’t make Sony vaio laptop anymore.

I am thinking of buying this ASUS laptop for Emails, word document, excel document, picture alteration may be paint and internet by opening few tabs at one go, so would this computer good enough for my everyday use or do I need a 8GB ram and 512 Gb storage.

I save lot of pictures and my personal stuff which may be around 50gb or would i be better off storing it on USB stick by buying 1tb from ebay which are less then £20

Asus Laptop E510MA-EJ592WS this is the option which has 4Gb ram and 128Gb and 15.6 inch screen
    Asus Laptop X705MA-BX269W this is the 2nd option but I have to pay another £195 8GB ram and 256Gb and 17.3 inch screen

Your advice really appreciated .

Caretaker, Apr 14, 2024
  2. Caretaker

Caretaker

I had Gadget insurance with D&G and my laptop from the corner broke and the screen would not come , if I hold it then it would work, however I gave it for repair through insurance and they could not repair it and they are replacing it.

this one I don’t need to pay enhanced fee Asus Laptop E510MA-EJ592WS this is the option which has 4Gb ram and 128Gb and 15.6 inch screen.

This one I need to pay £195 upgrade fee if I want this model Asus Laptop X705MA-BX269W this is the 2nd option but I have to pay another £195 8GB ram and 256Gb and 17.3 inch screen.

There are other models , but the price varies depending on Brand, Model and spec. I don’t know how to upload the pictures to show you the models Listed by D&G.

I only need it for General use , web browsing, emails, internet, excel sheet and word document.

Attached Files:

Caretaker, Apr 15, 2024
  3. Caretaker

Caretaker

Hi Guys,
    I need your help choosing from the below laptop been offered today, as the one they had is not available now and the below is the model they have where i don't have to pay upgrade fee.

In the below models the screen sizes varies form 14.0inch to 17.3inch.

Your HELP in this will be really appreciated, so i can order it tomorrow.

This is not available from their supplier. The below link
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Vivobook-M1605YA-R5-5625U-Processor/dp/B0CCYVHHWB

Acer Laptop NX.KENEK.005
    Acer Laptop NX.KM6EK.004
    Asus Laptop X515MA-EJ869W
    Asus Laptop X705MA-BX269W - PART NUMBER X705MA-BX245W
    HP Laptop 894M3EA#ABU
    Asus Laptop X1502ZA-EJ465W
    Asus Laptop X1704ZA-AU037W - PART NUMBER X1702ZA-AU119W
    Asus Laptop CX3402CBA-PQ0202
    Asus Laptop E1504FA-NJ649W
    HP Laptop 8B4U3EA#ABU
    Lenovo Laptop 82VG00FAUK

Caretaker, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Caretaker

Firewatcher

If you haven't already bought something, then my best advice is don't be in too much of a hurry, the best deals are done when you can walk away.
    I have tried various models from all of these leading manufacturers, albeit older models. It is very much a case of personal preference - check out the reviews first then make your own decision.
    From the use you suggest, even the older models would happily provide those functions. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements on my 15 year old Desktop still running on Windows 7 - it runs fine on 4GB RAM. I have a similar vintage DELL Laptop which again performs all the tasks you describe without issue and at quite a respectable speed. Storage capacity doesn't need to be massive either - Windows 10 only uses about 30 GB (I think they suggest 64GB free for Win 11), the rest is available for applications and your user files, so 240GB SSD should be plenty for you. I prefer the 15.6" Screen myself, but again it's personal choice.
    I wouldn't rule out refurbished Laptops from reputible companies, there are some very good deals on offer complete with full 12 month warranty and choice of operating system. An i3 or i5 processor would likely be fine for you, so £300 - 400 you would get you a decent business quality Laptop. Only my views, but maybe some help.
    Pete

Firewatcher, Apr 20, 2024
  5. Caretaker

Caretaker

Thank you for your reply.

I am thinking of purchasing this model
    Asus Laptop X1502ZA-EJ465W.

I will go with this model due to bigger Hard drives storage 512Gb and 15.6inch screen and it has 8GB DDR5L.

It has Microsoft windows 11 and wasn’t sure about Google Android Chrome OS . There are other operating systems makes it more confusing, Like Linux and Apple macOS will be out of my budget.

Caretaker, Apr 20, 2024
  6. Caretaker

Firewatcher

It has some good reviews, so hopefully a good choice.
    I go for reliability first and foremost, (hence a Windows 7 Die Hard,) Support information is also high priority in my book, as I usually upgrade the Laptops I buy. But only you can judge its merits for your needs, so if you do your research before buying, you shouldn't be disappointed.
    Pete

Firewatcher, Apr 20, 2024
  7. Caretaker

Caretaker

One more question is it better to keep the battery connected to laptop or take the battery off and just use the mains , as my laptop will be near the main plug. The reason I am asking is to preserve the battery health and life if the battery, as my laptop will be in one location.

Caretaker, Apr 21, 2024
  8. Caretaker

Firewatcher

It looks like the battery on that model is internal. Others might have different ideas, but personally I wouldn't worry about taking out the battery. Average lifespan tends to be several years and some will go 5 years, but cycling a bit from tine to time is worthwhile so just run on battery power sometimes.

Firewatcher, Apr 21, 2024
    Caretaker likes this.
Ask a Question