0X0000006 blue screen while installing xp on aspire one

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cas1, Dec 23, 2008.

1. cas1

cas1

My Aspire one comes pre install with linpus linux lite, i created a bootable thumb with xp files on it and try to install. It booted fine managed to go into window setup and halfway when it shows loading window before it can reaches the part which we can see the C drive and could format, delete or add partition i would get the above error with blue screen, no matter how many attempt i try, sometime it even shows unmountable_XXXXXX stuff

I try with nlite as well as multi boot for usb, though i have no problem installing xp on my desktop but it just wouldn't work for my aspire one..... Could someone kindly advise me on the above, i'm really running out of idea.

Hopefully is not the SSD (8G) or the ram is going haywire...... :cry:

cas1, Dec 23, 2008
  2. cas1

cas1

17 view and not even a reply?? :cry:

cas1, Dec 23, 2008
  3. cas1

the100thmonkey

I've been trying to install XP on an AA1 with 8GB SSD. I think the bsod is caused by the Windows installer not having the driver for the SSD, although I've only just started researching the issue and am probably wrong.

the100thmonkey, Dec 23, 2008
  4. cas1

PGH_One_User

Your Aspire One requires XP with service pack 2. SP1 will not install (blue screens).

Google slipstream service pack 2. There is a tutorial out there that will walk you through making a SP2 XP install from a SP1 disk.

PGH_One_User, Dec 23, 2008
  5. cas1

cas1

Nah mine comes with sp2, managed to get it working after numerous attempt and once i change the thumb drive to another brand which is 2G, it work perfectly though is kind of a lagged.... wow at last :D

cas1, Dec 23, 2008
Ask a Question