1.8HDD detection problem

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Elceb, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Elceb

Elceb

Hello,
    Since few month, I am following this forum and I have followed some tuto.
    I am trying to replace the AAO SSD by a HDD, but I have some preblem with my aspire one A110 and the Samsung 60 Hard drive I am using.
    When i bougth the HDD, I have plugged it with the original cable. It was working but the cable was too thin and cannnot be hold a long time in the HHD.
    One day my AAO, won't sart and I was thinking the cable was out with all these handling. The HDD LED was blinking and the HDD not detected :cry: .
    So,i bought a new cable for ZIF HDD and replaced the old. But, when I start the AAO, the HDD LED is blinking again, and in the BIOS, the HDD is not detected. Strangely, if i restart the computer with Ctrl + Alt +Del, the BIOS detect the HDD an i can run my dual boot XP-OSX :) .

Could you help me?
    I will try to reinstal the lastest BIOS.

Sorry for my poor english, I'm French. :oops:

Elceb

Elceb, Jan 20, 2009
  2. Elceb

Elceb

Any idea?

Elceb, Jan 27, 2009
  3. Elceb

os111acerone

was your first cable working good?
    My cable was thin, I had to put 2 pieces of tape at the harddrive-end of the zif cable on the back side to make it thick so it stays in the zif connector.

os111acerone, Jan 29, 2009
  4. Elceb

Elceb

My first cable was working with some pieces of tape but the connector is damaged, and now, it do not work.
    With the new, the hdd is detected and i can use the computer only if i press Ctrl + alt + del 5 second after i have pressed the power button.

Elceb, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question