10.5.7 install on Acer Aspire One D250 using iAtkos v7

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by bigplrbear, Jul 28, 2009.

1. bigplrbear

Sp1ice

Do you need to install the 10.5.8 to finish the rest of the steps?

I can get it installed with the kernel but keep getting a kernel panic error when the 10.5.8 upgrade gets about 98% of the way done. Everything seems to work without upgrading it except maybe Kiss but I have not had enough time to play with it.

Sp1ice, Sep 18, 2009
  2. bigplrbear

PhAndrew

wat does the kernal panic say?

PhAndrew, Sep 18, 2009
  3. bigplrbear

lajos

In my case there is no kernel panic, it just freezes.

I looked at the Voodoo kernel readme, and the blackisting is not the issue. Blacklisting is a feature of the Voodoo kernel.

I can't figure out why it freezes. For now I'm just going with the 10.5.7 install, it works fine, I don't need the updates from 10.5.8 anyway.

-lajos

lajos, Sep 18, 2009
  4. bigplrbear

lajos

After reinstalling iAtkos7 for about a dozen times, here are the settings that worked for me in the customize menu. (Bold is checked, non bold is containing folder.)

(*) iAtkos v7 Main System
    Bootloader
    _(*) Chameleon v2
    X86 Patches
    _(*) Extra directory
    _(*) DSDT
    _Decrypters
    __(*) dsmos
    _Kernel
    __(*) 9.7.0 Kernel voodoo
    _ACPI
    __(*) x86 ACPI
    _(*) Disabler
    Drivers
    _VGA
    __Intel
    ___(*) GMA 950
    _System
    __SATA/IDE
    ___(*) AHCI
    ___(*) Intel SATA/IDE
    __Sound
    ___(*) Voodoo HDA driver
    __PS/2 mouse/keyboard
    ___(*) Voodoo PS/2 driver with trackpad
    __(*) Laptop battery
    __(*) NTFS-3G
    (*) Post-Install Actions

This seems pretty stable on a D250-1042.

Boot with "-f cpus=1" option (less quotes) for the first time. Boot with "cpus=1" afterwards.

Two finger scrolling works on trackpad ;)

lajos, Sep 19, 2009
  5. bigplrbear

lajos

Do you really have hyperthreading working? I installed the Voodoo2 alpha3 kernel and still have to run with the cpus=1 flag.

What is your AOD's model number?

-lajos

lajos, Sep 22, 2009
  6. bigplrbear

michaeljr10wv

Ok, I'm not a professional, but I've been trying for weeks to get the wifi to work on my D250. I followed the guide and used the files in this guide. I installed 10.5.7 no updates were applied. I replaced the IO80211Family.kext as stated using kext helper. I then used disk utility to repair permissions. rebooted, ran Kimac r319 like stated. It found my wireless and I was able to connect. It was very stable and usable.

When the netbook is rebooted the wifi connection is broken. Kismac wouldn't even scan, and in system preferences another port was added. So what I did was disable the first port. Open kismac -> preferences -> advanced -> make sure the "bpf device" is en0.....I used osx86 tools to clear the kext cache....rebooted.....used the -f flag......open kismac and scan

works on every reboot....just remember to clear the kext cache before rebooting and using the -f cache....

Hope this helps...

Michael

michaeljr10wv, Sep 24, 2009
  7. bigplrbear

velayo

Well I have a pretty stable system using your tutorial. I was able to get hibernation working and wifi. Before hibernation, I had problems with the wifi, it would work once every 5-8 attempts to get it to work. Often having to change the preferences.plist or the networkpreferences.plist to get it to work. Now once I solved hibernation, I just set the computer to sleep and never shut it down. That way everytime I start the computer the wifi is working correctly. When I come from hibernation I only fire kismac and it picks up signals within a sec. I also got the internal mic working, which was the only thing I really missed from my mac book.

The only problem I have now is related to power management. When I unplug my computer from power it goes to sleep, this was happening even before I fix hibernation. It will go to sleep on its own even if plugged. Wish I knew which kext has to do with power management to find a replacement or reinstall it, to fix this problem.

Otherwise a genuine mac experience on my AAO. :D :D

velayo, Sep 26, 2009
  8. bigplrbear

mappy

velayo,
    I'm very interested to know what setup you used to obtain a D250 that can do hibernation.
    Mine has no network problem because I replaced the network card with one that is natively recognized by Mac OS but each time the system goes to sleep it crashes.
    Fixing that would be another step toward a better system.
    Could you tell us exactly what setup you used?

thanks

mappy, Sep 26, 2009
  9. bigplrbear

velayo

I will upload the file later today when I get home.

velayo, Sep 26, 2009
  10. bigplrbear

velayo

I can't upload the file size is too big. I got it from somewhere else, it is a chameleon v3 pkg. I don't know what the magic is, but hibernation is working perfectly after applying it. If you want the file pm me with your email and I will forward it to you.

velayo, Sep 28, 2009
  11. bigplrbear

bigplrbear

Hey everyone- OP here

Sorry I haven't posted in a while- I'm VERY busy w/ school and work (and the upcoming october fest ;) )

Those of you referring to the first post- IGNORE IT. ITS OLD. There is a much more updated version (written by me) that is WAY more detailed and will work much better farther down the first page.

For those of you having freeze-ups and kernel panics after installing the 10.5.8 update- did you fix the kext permissions after you applied the update (but before you rebooted), like I said?

*Edit- if you're using the Voodoo 2 alpha 3 kernel, you need the System.kext and Seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5. Google it if you need it

Also, if you want proof that Hyperthreading works with the Voodoo 2 alpha 3 kernel, go to the apple icon and click 'about this mac'. If it says "2x Intel Core Solo", you have hyperthreading enabled, and you do NOT have to boot with the cpus=1 flag. If not, reboot without the cpus=1 flag, and it should work just fine. fyi, THE NETBOOK DOES NOT HAVE TWO PROCESSORS. IT ONLY HAS ONE.

If you have any questions, feel free to @ reply me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/bigplrbear), hit up my wall on Facebook (http://facebook.com/bigplrbear) or send me an email (PM me for the email address). Alternatively, you can just wait for me to return to this forum. If you do that, you'll be waiting a while ;)

bigplrbear, Oct 1, 2009
  12. bigplrbear

bigplrbear

I've already stated several times that I have a D250.
    Did you make the voodoo 2 alpha 3 kernel the default kernel?
    Did you fix kext permissions before and/or after you installed it?

bigplrbear, Oct 1, 2009
  13. bigplrbear

PhAndrew

have u tried sl on the d250 yet? and can u link me to the wifi card u have?

PhAndrew, Oct 5, 2009
  14. bigplrbear

bigplrbear

1.Nope, I haven't tried SL yet. I probably won't for a while
    2.I'm using the stock wifi card, which is an Atheros 5007EG. I provided a driver for it in my d250.zip file in an earlier post.

bigplrbear, Oct 10, 2009
  15. bigplrbear

bigplrbear

For those of you who want to install a Dell 1390 or some other wifi card, you can do so via the mini PCI-e slot on the bottom of the netbook.

Don't know where it is? Check out the pic I attached 8)

*EDIT- please ignore this post. I was totally wrong. See next post (thanks sam_hackintosh) :)

bigplrbear, Oct 10, 2009
  16. bigplrbear

sam.hackint0sh

Installing a card in this slot won't work unless you get a rare card with the same wireing as this port has. It's not a mini pci port, it's a usb port using the same connector. 3G cards use this in many netbooks, this port is for such a card.

I have mapped the wireing a while ago, i you want to read it up, I have summarized it on my wiki here: http://hax0rpedia.com/index.php/Second_Mini_PCI-E

sam.hackint0sh, Oct 13, 2009
  17. bigplrbear

bigplrbear

You. Are. Awesome. :D

bigplrbear, Oct 14, 2009
  18. bigplrbear

sam.hackint0sh

I had a similar setup to yours running with xXx Install DVD, the big problem here is, this wifi trick does not work. Tried to setup this again last night, but for some reason, the wifi trick is not working for me and I failed to get GMA to work again.

Would someone mind to upload his gma950, the appleframebuffer and the IO802 kext?

sam.hackint0sh, Oct 14, 2009
  19. bigplrbear

dragon725

I have an Aspire D250-1326 which has a broadcom card in it, I installed using the second method on page one and got it too work minus the wifi. The web cam worked and there was no choppy intro. I also got it to install with iDeneb 4 10.5.6 and got the wifi to work using the method mentioned here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... ded&start=, however no webcam on that install. I tried that method for the wifi on iAtkos V7 but it did not work. Any ideas? Would love it if this would work with no hardware mods. Again it is the White model netbook.

dragon725, Oct 15, 2009
  20. bigplrbear

PhAndrew

if ur talking about using the second method for iatkos for the wifi, it would not work because the driver is made for atheros. if you didnt, exclude the wifi extensions and use the one on that site instead.

PhAndrew, Oct 15, 2009
Ask a Question