12 Cell?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JoeSk, Aug 3, 2009.

1. JoeSk

JoeSk

JoeSk, Aug 3, 2009
  2. JoeSk

melhiore

It's not fake. Some people already have them and testing them. I'm waiting for feedback and probably I'll get one for my self...

melhiore, Aug 3, 2009
  3. JoeSk

JoeSk

oh I see... so are they recommended. do they work, whats the average time you can get out of them etc. they seem a bargain at that price but are they all that its cracked up to be!

JoeSk, Aug 4, 2009
  4. JoeSk

melhiore

All I know ATM they are Simplo cells - OK for me then. Average working time, temperatures and charging times we going to know after weekend ;)

melhiore, Aug 4, 2009
  5. JoeSk

JoeSk

Thats great. These 3 cell batteries are okay for small use, but when I'm back at University, i'll be doing long days, this battery will not be able to keep it up. Do you keep your batteries refridgerated when they are not in use?

JoeSk, Aug 4, 2009
  6. JoeSk

melhiore

No. Batteries are normal consumables so when they going down I'm taking another one. Simple - no problems with it. I'm using my AA1 for work so I can not afford loosing battery power ever. Portable PSU it's not a solution as I need good quality machine for typical mobile use.

melhiore, Aug 4, 2009
  7. JoeSk

JoeSk

So whats the crack with these...
    weight, duration etc?

JoeSk, Aug 26, 2009
  8. JoeSk

tieitsch

Has anyone tested one of these batteries for more than a months? What about the wear? There are 10400mAh batteries for 50€ incl. shipping from Hong Kong to Germany. Can this really be good/okay quality?

tieitsch, Oct 31, 2009
  9. JoeSk

lotus49

I have been thinking about buying a new battery as the battery life on my 3 cell battery isn't much more than an hour now.

I quite fancy one of these 12 cell batteries but the discussion on this thread seems to have stopped several months ago - has anyone tried one of these and if so, can you report back on your experience please?

I'm not looking for proper benchmarks, just a brief summary.

lotus49, Nov 9, 2009
  10. JoeSk

ltdanman44

ltdanman44, Jan 10, 2010
  11. JoeSk

scottyd

8 hours? Is that even much longer than the 9 cell?

scottyd, Jan 15, 2010
  12. JoeSk

MaLfUnCtIoN

i get around 8 hours off my 9 cell. more like 7 with heavy usage like video or stuff.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Jan 23, 2010
  13. JoeSk

CZroe

CZroe, Feb 25, 2010
  14. JoeSk

Rohaq

Rohaq, Oct 21, 2010
  15. JoeSk

Swarvey Moderator

I bought a 12 cell on eBay a few weeks ago. I've been reviewing it periodically in another thread. here Feel free to post any questions etc in my thread, I'll do my best to answer them.

Swarvey, Oct 23, 2010
  16. JoeSk

Yahoogle McDougal

Hi,

Just noticed this thread and wanted to offer my $.02. Forgive me a slightly off-topic rant but I feel the need to offer a warning based on personal experience. I, too, have been looking for a longer-lasting battery to replace the flimsy 3-cell that came with the AAO. I guess Google isn't always your friend; I searched and found a 9-cell from this website

Code:
    http://www.handhelditems.com/
    because we don't do eBay at my house (I'm a student, thus no money of my own, and the 'rents aren't too crazy about shopping online...but I'm beginning to understand why).

Simply put: Don't go here. It's not a reputable site even though it claims to be. Horrible customer service (practically nonexistent) -- called their hotline twice and the line was "disconnected." Apparently it's run by this one Chinese guy out in California who uses P.O. boxes and fake phone #'s for everything related to his "company." Ordered a battery on September 6 that was supposed to arrive in a week. One week went by, then two, then three -- Email correspondence inquiring about the order status took forever to get a reply; when they did finally respond, it was a stock, vague, "we're checking on it" type of thing in nearly unreadable English to boot, like from Google Translate or something. I'm not xenophobic or racist or anything but I do live (and don't work, obviously) in the U.S. and am well aware of the present economic model that has Chairman Mao pending as Ben Franklin's replacement on the $100 bill.

I didn't receive anything until the middle of October, and only after the bank started to investigate the situation. Not only was the package in horrible condition, torn, crushed, and mangled, as though it had endured a worse ordeal than most passengers deal with at customs (then again, maybe slightly better), but the battery itself was defective. Didn't work. No battery indicator in the system tray and the indicator light just wouldn't change from flashing orange to fully-charged green. Ever. I charged it overnight and even spent a full day out with it plugged and still, nothing. Now my mom feels her credit card's been compromised and she's had to close the acct. But because we did finally receive the order, the validity of the dispute now depends on whether a certified technician can reproduce the problem and verify that it doesn't work!

Scammers like this deserve what's "coming to them" but because the package finally shipped, the onus is "on us." Personally I think we're being b.s.'ed by corporate America -- if I buy a pair of pants, try them on, and bring them back to Sears saying they don't fit, do I really need a bona fide fashionista from Project Runway to certify that I can't wear a size 2?

Caviar emptor, buyer beware, the poor get poorer 'cause the rich don't care.

Yahoogle McDougal, Nov 21, 2010
  17. JoeSk

Rohaq

So, I bought a 12 cell battery from eBay, it took a few weeks to arrive from China, but it seems to work, charges fine, and lasts me goddamn hours at a time.

My Ubuntu installation on my original Aspire One seems to be a tad unsure about how much time is actually left on the battery, but it lasted me almost all day with pretty heavy use.

Rohaq, Nov 21, 2010
Ask a Question