120GB HDD Model - Recovery partition

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gAbS, Aug 22, 2008.

1. gAbS

judeh101

who the heck keep deleting my friggen posts?
    anyways, my problems are now solved, thank you!!!

judeh101, Sep 1, 2008
  2. gAbS

judeh101

judeh101, Sep 7, 2008
  3. gAbS

snowwy66

so how did you make it work, i am playing aro und with the program and it looks to me like it knocks out the entire hard drive. i have vista installed. but want to see about bringing back the factory install. and putting the netbook back to factory specs.

snowwy66, Sep 7, 2008
  4. gAbS

friendwilder

What is the purpose of that iso file?

I am no t a native English speaker so, please, explain to me.

friendwilder, Sep 7, 2008
  5. gAbS

judeh101

that iso was a bit lame, it deleted my data, try my other way of recovering of erecovery

judeh101, Sep 7, 2008
  6. gAbS

gAbS

I am now using a vLited Vista Ultimate and everything works great. to avoid the hassles of installing from a USB disk, I purchased a cheap external DVD drive and installed Vista from there. for those who wish to install XP or vista other than the default XP, do yourselves a favor and get (or even borrow) an external optical drive. will save you a lot of trouble

Prior to installing Vista, I backed up my default XP install and recovery partition using Acronis True Image software then deleted the recovery pratition and installed Vista. I'm very happy with the performance of Vista on the AA1. Until now, have not yet needed or think of needing the recover partition ever again. the default xp install had too much bloatware anyway.

If you have a spare installer of XP or vista, nLite/vLite it and install that instead. get rid of the recovery partition (unless you'll really need to recover the default XP install in the future). drivers for XP or Vista should never be an issue. drivers for all the hardware components on the AA1 are readily available on the internet for both windows OS. not to mention, vista looks way better than XP even without aero glass enabled

gAbS, Sep 10, 2008
  7. gAbS

snowwy66

cept for the problem that you have to get ON the internet in order to be able to download the drivers for wifi and ethernet via vista updates. kind of hard to get on the net if you can't install the drivers to get on the net. all xp drivers work for vista with exception of video graphics, wifi, and ethernet. fortunately for me i have cell internet. for those of you who don't. that's gonna be a some what tricky. and the vista update only gives you those 3 components. not the rest.

snowwy66, Sep 14, 2008
  8. gAbS

julyderek

Why should this not work ?

Create a true image of the HDD using software. Delete all partitions including recovery partition. Install another OS. If you have problems with the newly installed OS then re-install the image created.

julyderek, Sep 14, 2008
  9. gAbS

porsnl

I think Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery Software will work for your problem.This software comes with powerful features like Email Recovery, Disk Cloning, Deep Scan and Raw Recovery from CD and USB drives. Designed for Windows 7.0, Vista, 2003, XP and 2000,give a try

porsnl, Jun 4, 2009
Ask a Question