1410-4749 help won't boot after screen swap

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by aksuma, Jul 29, 2011.

1. aksuma

aksuma

So basically I broke the lcd screen, which isn't a big problem , I hooked it to my tv via hdmi for a while and orded a new screen . I got the new screen in the mail a week or so later and went about installing it. Normally this is a rather quick fix (I have done this several times before on different laptop) , all the other hadware was functioning properly prior to changing the screen to the new one ( in fact you could still use half of the old screen as well where it only cracked on one side). So I went about it in the usual fashion and completed the switch over in a few minutes. I reassembled , put the battery back in , and... Nothing worked. The screen stayed blank , the hard drive didn't boot , and not even the light for the caps button would come on. The most I could get was the fan came and power light. I switched back to the old screen to see if that would help but nothing happened . I'm wondering what did happen , and how to fix it. Is it possoble I got a dud screen and it fried everything else ? If not what did I do to cause this ? Any help would be great.

aksuma, Jul 29, 2011
  2. aksuma

Lapwiz

I am in the same fix. The same problems with the screen, I ordered a new screen, changed it and the problem began. I even turned it on just before changing the screen but after changing the screen, it wouldn't com on. Turn is on and the fan will blow for a second or two and die off again.

Please, someone, what is the origin of this problem? I even switched the RAM but it didn't help. Has anyone gone thru this problem before and how did you resolve it.

Lapwiz, Oct 22, 2011
  3. aksuma

JustInSpeed

Did you get the exact same screen as a replacement?

Usually a system will run without the lcd, you can use the vga out to see if it works

JustInSpeed, Oct 23, 2011
Ask a Question