2 issues 10.04

Discussion in 'Linux' started by irishhhhh, May 6, 2010.

1. irishhhhh

irishhhhh

i installed ubuntu nbr with a wireless mouse plugged in and now my touchpad wont work even though the fn+f4 indicates its enabled, and the battery charge icon does not change to show unplugged when i unplug it. how do i fix these 2 issues?

irishhhhh, May 6, 2010
  2. irishhhhh

Ibidem

Hmmm...
    Was the "Fn + F4" a typo, or did you try that instead of Fn-F7, which switches the trackpad on/off? (assuming that you have the same keyboard I have)
    The power indicator for IceWM works here (AOA150), so that must be either a machine-specific bug or the fault of gnome-power-manager (I think); I've noticed that gnome-power-manager is rather slow to notice, though it eventually does.

With my keyboard, Fn+F4 is "Xf86Sleep".

Ibidem, May 6, 2010
  3. irishhhhh

zaphod

zaphod, May 6, 2010
  4. irishhhhh

irishhhhh

my mistake, i was just thinking about suspend while i was typing , i meant Fn+F7 not F4.
    the fix for the power icon updating did NOT work
    i fixed the touchpad problem by opening terminal and unplugging my wireless mouse adapter. making sure the touchpad indicator was enabled (Fn+F7) i did this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
    then after that was done i did this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
    still looking for a fix for the power indicator, still shows that it is plugged in when i unplug it while its running

irishhhhh, May 6, 2010
  5. irishhhhh

Ibidem

Ibidem, May 7, 2010
  6. irishhhhh

irishhhhh

im sad to say that did not fix the battery problem, reported.
    EDIT:
    problem fixed
    i reinstalled the .deb for gnome power manager while unplugged and now it seems to function properly. i wonder what the deal is with ubuntu needing everything to be unplugged for them to configure properly during installs?
    THANKS GUYS

irishhhhh, May 7, 2010
  7. irishhhhh

zaphod

For the battery indicator problem I have now tried both the aforementioned line in /etc/rc.local and the replacement gnome-power-manager and, whilst both work occasionally, neither of them work every time :(

The latter solution seems to be the most reliable but the last time I unplugged the power adapter the indicator remained resolutely "stuck".

zaphod, May 8, 2010
Ask a Question