2nd Time Installation Problem

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by jpone7, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jpone7

jpone7

ok i had my AA1 with the 120hdd with xp and erased that and decided to put leopard on it with the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk...then i decided to erase that and put ubuntu on it, didnt like it (not too familiar with terminal comands but it was pretty impressive) and decided to install leopard on again. now for some reason i followed the same steps i had done the first time, but after it finishes installing and i get to the first time setup wizard, after i choose what country im located it just freezes and after a long wait it just restarts the wizard all over again....its just a continuous cycle over and over. does anyone know what im doing wrong? thanks in advance

jpone7, Sep 23, 2008
  2. jpone7

dfiore

not sure, but id try with the iAtkos install for the most recent updates and simple install procedure.

dfiore, Sep 23, 2008
  3. jpone7

jpone7

Thanks, im already downloading the MSiwindosx install aswell as they say thats the easiest installation disk out for netbooks

jpone7, Sep 23, 2008
  4. jpone7

Murgatroid

The problem you are seeing is because the ethernet RealtekR1000.kext is missing for some reason.

I had good results with the MSIWINDOSX.iso. Just follow the instructions in the below thread:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1388

I had found that the generic ethernet driver in the MSIWINDOSX was being used even after installing the custom driver downloaded from Realtek. The generic one does work, but doesn't detect when the cable is unplugged or plugged. I manually deleted the generic driver (/System/Library/Extentions/RealtekR1000.kext) after installing the custom one and before rebooting.

The USB ports also don't work quite right after installing. This is because the MSIWINDOSX installs mismatched kernel and system.kext. My post in this thread fixes that, and will get speedstep to work.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1664

-steve

Murgatroid, Sep 24, 2008
  5. jpone7

jpone7

But thats really strange because i cant even get past the setup wizard, i cant even install any of the kext that i got from paul's guide. and i have installed the same kalyway disk that i had before because i used to have osx on my AA1...hmm strange, im going to give the Msiwindosx a shot...hopefully that works, if not then i guess im going to have to get rid of my AA1 (dont like windows so dont plan on installing that if everything else goes wrong)

jpone7, Sep 24, 2008
  6. jpone7

dfiore

The reason you cant get past the wizard is because it looks for a network connection. You should be able to boot into single user mode and drop the extension in and get past it.

dave

dfiore, Sep 24, 2008
  7. jpone7

SbM

Why don't you try iATKOS, it works fine. You can find an installation guide in this forum.

SbM, Sep 25, 2008
  8. jpone7

jpone7

thanks, i noticed i had to have the Realtek network option checked on....for some reason Paul's Msi guide says to have it checked off...anyhow i got it to work...thanks alot to everyone in here

jpone7, Sep 26, 2008
  9. jpone7

jpone7

....spoke too soon, now i noticed my start up (screen with the grey apple logo) just sits there for like 5-6 mins before i can use it....lol does anyone know why this is happening? im sorry but as you all can see im a sort of noob at this stuff

jpone7, Sep 26, 2008
  10. jpone7

SbM

SbM, Sep 26, 2008
Ask a Question