4 ridiculously easy step process to install Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by funkydude101, May 17, 2009.

1. funkydude101

funkydude101

1. Download the iso from Microsoft's website. Here

2. Download 7-zip so you can extract the ISO contents Here or download Daemon Tools so you can mount the ISO Here

3. Extract the entire contents to USB key or SD card if you're using 7-zip or just select-all and copy paste to USB drive or SD card in Windows if you've mounted the iso using Daemon Tools.

4. Press F12 during boot and choose your removable media...and install windows as per normal.

I don't know why you should bother using the cmd prompt or making the media bootable. No need to complicate things.

I'm running Build 7100 flawlessly after installing it off my SD card.

funkydude101, May 17, 2009
  2. funkydude101

myuusmeow

As long as you are already on a Windows OS you can skip steps 3 and 4 and just run the install.exe (or autorun etc I don't remember what its called)

myuusmeow, May 17, 2009
  3. funkydude101

funkydude101

True. I guess I was thinking from the approach from any situation.

funkydude101, May 18, 2009
  4. funkydude101

rory

setup.exe

rory, May 19, 2009
  5. funkydude101

Roger

I have downloaded the .iso, mounted it using demon tools and copied the contents onto a usb flash drive.

I have then gone into the F12 menu (i cant launch the .exe file as i am currently running Ubuntu 9.04 NBR)

When i select to launch from the flash drive nothing happens. The flash drive is accessed for about 5sec's, then nothing. I have also tried launching the win 7 installer from my vista machine and that worked fine, so the problems def with the netbook.

Anyone got any ideas?

Roger, May 24, 2009
  6. funkydude101

KiNG

make sure the pen doesnt any extra software pre-loaded on it, just a plain usb drive.

KiNG, Jun 2, 2009
Ask a Question