532H-2588 cannot rotate screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kranberry, Nov 20, 2010.

1. kranberry

kranberry

I upgraded my Windows 7 Starter Edition (that came installed on my netbook) to Windows 7 Professional. I don't know if I could do it before the upgrade, but there is no way that I can find to rotate my screen 90 degrees. Neither eee rotate nor iRotate worked. I looked at the Hot Keys for the Intel GMA 3150 and, while it has the Ctrl-Alt-Up to rotate screen to normal, there are no other rotate actions.

I would think it must be possible to rotate my screen so that it acts more like an e-book reader. But I haven't found out how to do it.

Can anyone shed any light on my predicament?

Thanks.

kranberry, Nov 20, 2010
  2. kranberry

Swarvey Moderator

This has been covered before. Due to the drivers and the operating system, we cannot yet rotate the screen on the AAO's. If you want to revert to Windows XP, the drivers allow you to rotate the screen as per usual with the CTRL+ALT+Arrow keys.

Swarvey, Nov 20, 2010
  3. kranberry

kranberry

I was afraid of that.

So this is an Intel issue? Does anyone know if they are working on it?

I suppose some book readers will rotate the page, so that may be an interim solution.

Thanks for the info.

kranberry, Nov 21, 2010
Ask a Question