532h: keyboard removal/RAM installation

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by x29, Feb 27, 2010.

1. x29

x29

I'm looking for a quick confirmation on the procedure for installing additional RAM (which I cannot help but presume involves removal of the keyboard). Does the whole top bezel have to be removed? I'd just rather not break it less than two weeks into my ownership of the unit.

Thanks!

x29, Feb 27, 2010
  2. x29

vpnavy

REMOED LINK - not 532H

vpnavy, Mar 3, 2010
  3. x29

vpnavy

REMOED LINK - not 532H

vpnavy, Mar 3, 2010
  4. x29

Loki.fish

You don't need to remove the keyboard. There's a small cover on the bottom of the netbook that's held in with 1 screw. Underneath is your RAM module, I just replaced mine maybe 30 minutes ago with a 2g stick. Pretty simple.

Loki.fish, Mar 5, 2010
  5. x29

x29

...oh. I was under the impression that there were two slots, but checking your info, Crucial has informed me otherwise. Disregard this, then; thank you.

x29, Mar 5, 2010
  6. x29

vpnavy

Everything I read indicated keyboard removal, etc. - it scared me to death! Then I came across pictures here that showed the RAM under a small cover on the bottom of my Aspire ONE. OMG - what could be easier! So, I ordered (and received 2GB from Crucial Technology for $47.99), Removed the Battery, removed the small door on the backside of my Netbook, replaced the chip, closed the door, loaded the Battery - boom - it now shows 2GB. What could be easier?

vpnavy, Mar 6, 2010
Ask a Question