532h wireless connectivity issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Slamtojackson, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Slamtojackson

Slamtojackson

Hi everyone,

I come here in the hopes that someone might have some information to help me with a wireless issue I am having with my Aspire One 532h.

I loaded Windows 7 Pro 32 and updated all drivers from the acer website. The wireless adapter (Atheros AR5B93) shows to be working properly. Driver version is 8.0.0.259. However, it will not find any networks. Every once in a while, seemingly at random, when I boot or come out of hibernation, it will see and connect to wireless networks, then abruptly disconnect after a couple of minutes and again say "No connections are available"

I have updated drivers to the latest version on Acer's website. I have installed the acer power management app. The fn/f2 switch to turn the radio on and off was not functioning until I installed it. Now I can turn the wireless on and off with the hotkey switch, but the problem remains. Has anyone else seen this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick note, when I had Ubuntu installed, the wireless worked flawlessly.

Slamtojackson, Jul 3, 2011
Ask a Question