5800-mAh Battery? (USA)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Joe Foe from Buffalo

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 1, 2009
  2. Joe Foe from Buffalo

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Called Acer ....they are looking in to makings these available. Asked me to call back next week. All info at Acer says it is not available and no info if or when...so I put my foot down and said it should or needs to be since it was offered as a OEM part which in USA the law says if it is a OEM part it should be available for the considered life of the unit (5-7 years). If anyone else wants one please call Acer and say so to make it look like I'm not the only one and get a Acer Case # to have it documented and make a paper tail.

Edit: If you call Acer and demand a case # for this to be looked in at Acer please use the battery part # (which is
    > UM08B52 <) or Acer will really be confused on which battery your looking for. Acer may even try to convince you the 3 cell or other 6 cell battiers are the same as this 6 cell 5800mAh

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 3, 2009
  3. Joe Foe from Buffalo

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Update....I have been on the phone with Acer for well over THREE hours total now over many different phone calls tracking and getting call backs from Acer higher level support reps trying to get one of these batteries. Each call ends with I have given the Acer part # > UM08B52 < = 6 cell 5800mAh battery and proven it is a battery that came/comes with the 10.1's the easy way asking each rep to type the part # in Google and read the results that each link shows it is a battery that came/comes with the 10.1 and is a USA law it should be available since it came/comes from Acer with it and demand it to be available asap and I will be getting a call back from Acer asap on it. If anyone else wants one..... best to call Acer asap and do the same to get Acer to motivated and it's more then just me that would like one. May help cut threw the Acer red tape if you talk to the last Acer rep I had a little progress with today. Call 1-800-395-3817 ask to rep Timothy W his Acer employee # is 802062. Acer so far is/has been saying it is not available or knew it was/is a battery that came with the 10.1's with the info they say they have from Acer.......and so far and are leaning from me it is true it is a battery that came/comes with the 10.1's and should be available. Even though the post says or I'm in USA if your not in USA and want one try the same way I have or a way to get to the same Acer rep I listed to get a paper tail of all that want/know is should be available.

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 9, 2009
Ask a Question