751h keyboard weirdness!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by garynortheast, Feb 27, 2011.

1. garynortheast

garynortheast

Hi all,
    First post here as a recently joined member. Hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have a refurbed 751h which I bought a couple of months back. It has Win XP installed and generally runs well, pretty much what I expected from a machine this small and of this age. However I have a really annoying problem with it. The 3, 5, and 9 keys don't work along with a number of the Fn controlled keys. Some of the other Fn keys appear to have swapped their functions between themselves.The Fn/num lock doesn't appear to operate and the Fn/number keys are doing some odd things - Fn/1 and 2 do nothing, Fn 3 operates the page down function, Fn 4 seems to operate as either a backspace or page up. Some of the others give similarly odd results.

This started happening shortly after I installed either some windows updates or possibly a newer version of Flash. I thought I'd sorted it for good after installing the correct drivers and a bios flash from the Acer website but then after a couple of weeks it reverted again, this time after another flash update. I've tried uninstalling Flash, doing a system restore, spent hours trawling the net for an answer but all to no avail. I'm really hoping that someone here has the answer to this as it's driving me potty!
    Cheers.....

garynortheast, Feb 27, 2011
  2. garynortheast

Swarvey Moderator

Sounds like it could be either a driver fault, in which case you should try reinstalling the Dritek LaunchManager and Acer ePowerManagement softwares, otherwise I'd suggest replacing the keyboard, they're cheap on eBay at about $14AUD

Swarvey, Feb 27, 2011
  3. garynortheast

garynortheast

Reinstalled the launch manager already, will try reinstalling the ePower stuff and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

garynortheast, Feb 27, 2011
Ask a Question