751h The Thing is a JOKE!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by radioman193, Jul 14, 2009.

1. radioman193

radioman193

The Thing is a JOKE!!!
    RIPOFF!!!
    Wow a hd display with less processing power Hmmmmmmmm :?
    if you want to do hd you would want MORE Cpu processing Power.
    I took mine back and went for this D250 and was ONLY $249+TAX and its ALOT Faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thay shuld have done better than a 1.3ghz cpu with 512 Cache :roll:
    1.3 would be "ok" if it had 1024kb Cache .

the D250 is a Far better Netbook.

radioman193, Jul 14, 2009
  2. radioman193

hamsterhead

Knowing people would respond like this has been my main complaint about the 751h. If buying a Vista carrying version from the store, Acer basically is giving a machine that is "broke" out of the box. It takes a slow OS and mixes it with a buttload of bloatware. Most people don't want to have to make their system run how it should (some don't even know how). A fresh install of xp, or removing bloatware and upgrading to windows 7 (and even OCing it a bit, or at least getting it back to 1.33 instead of 1.24) makes this do everything pretty similar to any other netbook. I was thinking maybe there was extra cost for the Xp license, but the pricing of the XP models wouldn't show this. If the rumors of poor sales on this are true, I think it's almost 100% do to the craptastically slow out-of-box Vista version they shipped to major retailers first.

hamsterhead, Jul 15, 2009
  3. radioman193

josh5183

Wow.

Honestly, why'd you buy this thing? I would have thought that your rural Best Buy "bigger number = better" mentality would have quickly lead you in the direction of a netbook with the Atom N-series processor, but somehow you bought the 751h without understanding the technology. The only people that have been RIPPEDOFF!!! are the vendor that your purchased and returned this to as well as Acer because now they have to fund the repackaging of the netbook because of your ignorance.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can buy a FaNCy USB mouse to go with the D250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, because you're an expert on processor technology. Again, if you had done your research on Intel's Atom line of processors, you might have understood what you were about to purchase before you purchased it.

Right.

josh5183, Jul 15, 2009
  4. radioman193

radioman193

the 751h Has got Justabout the same benchmarks as my OLD Dell 600
    and that thing is a slug.
    the 751h with a 1.3Ghz cpu Has the Preformance of a 900Hhz to 1Ghz Device.
    You would think thay would have Optimizeed the platform to run AT or Near what a 1.3Ghz HD shuld run .
    But it falls WAY Short of what it shuld run like.

Set the 751h side by side with OTHER netbooks and test them all the same way and same apps and software YOU WILL SEE.

Thank you.

radioman193, Jul 15, 2009
  5. radioman193

josh5183

The 751h will play HD video much more better than your D250, even though the processor speed for the D250 is technically faster than the 751h.

What you're failing to understand is that Acer is not trying to rip off consumers by adding in a slower processor. The chipset and platform that the 751h uses is, by far, Intel's best ultra portable chipset. As you mentioned before, with a beautiful HD-ready screen, the overall goal of the 751h is to be a portable multimedia powerhouse.

If your aim as a hardware manufacturer is to play video, a typically processor-intensive task, you're forced to consider power consumption as well. How can we minimize the amount of power both the processor and chipset use so that we can extend battery life? The US15W chipset and Atom Z-series processor platform offshoots the video decoding task to separate hardware decoder which consumes less power by not taxing the processor as much. At 100% CPU usage, the 751h's chipset and CPU power usage will never exceed 5w.

Here's a scenario. Let's assume we're both going to watch the exact same HD video on our AAOs while on an international flight. Your D250 (Intel Atom N280 at 1660mhz) should average about 85% CPU usage to play the video which is roughly 1400mhz. My 751h (Intel Atom Z520 at 1220mhz) averages about 45% CPU usage to play the same video which is roughly 550mhz. Not only do I have 55% of my CPU free, I'm also using less power which is going to allow me to play my video longer than you. You might not make it to the end of the movie. I'm usually a pretty nice guy so I would let you watch on my 751h. Plus, not to rub it in, my screen has a much nicer resolution :)

This scenario is to play video which is what you outlined was your main problem with the 751h. I also saw another post where you have a nine cell battery for your D250 which would make it last longer. Your D250 IS faster than mine and as long as you're not taxing your processor (by playing video, hah), you're going to have a slightly better user experience doing everyday tasks. In my mind, I wrote this off by having a larger resolution. Plus, I can overclock which helps.

It seems like you've made the decision that works best for you, but it isn't helpful to other users on the forum to talk negatively about something, as if it's fact, solely based on your personal opinion.

josh5183, Jul 15, 2009
  6. radioman193

radioman193

I Do NOT Have a 9 cell battery. Never Have
    I Have 2 3's for eatch and 1 12 cell for eatch.
    And on my 3 cell battery Will let me watch The Hulk ,IronMan and King Solomon's Mines at Only 25 to 27% cpuload and STILL only @798.1Mhz and Not skip a beat or drop frames. and at the end of the movies i have about 4% battery leftover on the 3 Cell.

I use the Netbook as a Total MULTIMEDIA pc.
    The 751h that i took back would just Bogdown with the things i do.
    I MULTITASK
    and run a "real" Radiostation with it @ 101.5 FM at 500 watt full dsp stereo with it.
    I host my own web site with it and Http Server.
    and run a Ftp server.
    I convert videos and rip misic with it.
    and i use it as a Router AP alot.
    All at the SAME Time
    Just this 1 acer D250 and it dont even bust a swet.
    Under my system log i see that the cpu hits 100% for 3 seconds about every 3 to 4 Hours . "i still need to findout what that is"
    the 751 Could NOT do all this without problems.

The acer 751h is NOT a MultiMedia Powerhouse.
    the 1 AND Only thing that was good About the 751 was the display was "nicer"
    Boot times were slower shutdown times were slower and App to app was.
    If you like your 751h thats cool "for you"
    but i live in the USA and have the right to free speech and i thaut i would voice my opinion on
    my experience with the device as a Fact.

radioman193, Jul 16, 2009
  7. radioman193

Eosblue

Hey radioman193...

Your post is a big fat joke. Anyone stupid enough to put all their compute chips on a netbook needs to have their head examined.

Did you not pick up on the name? NETBOOK. Thats a small, lightweight computer for on the go internet browsing. I got one of these babies and I love it for what it does. I didn't expect to do Photoshop on it. That why I have a powerful desktop that "cooks" with Photo Shop. I also have a MacBook for browsing while on the go around my home. It's too heavy to really pack on the road, but it also "cooks".

I got my 751H for only surfing on the road. Love the keyboard and the screen verses my previous Acer 8.9 (which was a little small for my taste).

I'm trying to understand why you have to crap so loudly if you don't like the 751H? Why don't you go quietly into the night and do your future RANTING in CAPS on a D250 forum where you will be more comfortable. There are enough crybabies here without having to put up with your whining also.

Eosblue, Jul 16, 2009
  8. radioman193

josh5183

Haha, I give up. The fact that I've spent time responding to this is a joke, haha.

Have fun with the D250!

josh5183, Jul 16, 2009
  9. radioman193

radioman193

GOOD !!
    then Shhhhhh
    as in my sig I have 3 of these acer's
    and that is just what i can do on the one only Duh :roll:
    plus i have 3 Dell Mini 9's .
    So I Dont "put All my chips in 1 " :roll:
    OMG a typical responce to facts.
    and Yes that is all i use now are net books .
    Nomore ROARING fans all nite ! its ben this way from my first netbook.

10. radioman193

radioman193

Re: Hey radioman193...

Only in Proper case characters i dont see Excessive Caps in use...............

11. radioman193

josh5183

Why so many netbooks?

I like the feel to the Dell Minis, but 1GB RAM max scared me a bit.

josh5183, Jul 16, 2009
  12. radioman193

radioman193

ummm not
    i got 2gig in eatch
    Dell Mini 9's
    its just a hobby
    Collect and Modify and sell to people that want them.
    Plus a few i will not take out of the house and some are "Beaters" :D
    No eatch one has its particular purpose or 2
    i dont run all the things i sed on just 1 Netbook all the time but i can and have at times when i needed to.
    viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16083

13. radioman193

Felix[GER]

Whats the deal in splitting your single HDD into 7 partitions and giving them stupid names like "160gig, 200gig..." ?

Felix[GER], Jul 16, 2009
  14. radioman193

radioman193

Tat is not a Single drive lol
    I dont need virtual drives!
    and the "stupid" names denote what drives are what as it is a homade USB drive bank of 7 Hard drives i have upto 21 hard drives to "play" with. thats just the "Main Bank" of drives.
    as i use the drives for Alot of different things and different operating systems and different computers.
    As Was Stated this is a TOTAL Multimedia Netbook!a drive for server apps
    a drive for music
    a drive for movies
    and on and on
    if it was 1 drive how would i be able to have 128Gig free on the main boot drive when its a 160Gig to start with!
    and how can you get a 250Gig drive out of a 160Gig drive?
    LOL

this is my "Server" acer that i host my website run a ftp server and chill with movies and tunes with.
    only 1 of my D250's

15. radioman193

radioman193

Homade drive bank 1
    as i have made 5 of these
    why spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    when i dont need to !
    the pictures look "nasty" but here it is.

16. radioman193

radioman193

yes thay are USB 2.0 1.0 or 1.1 is WAY to SLOW

17. radioman193

josh5183

radioman,

Why don't you setup a fast desktop that works with the drive banks and install software that will stream (or network) video/audio to the netbooks? Just seems to make tiny netbooks so much bigger to be lugging the drive bays around?

-Josh

josh5183, Jul 16, 2009
  18. radioman193

radioman193

thay are setup for usb shairing and on a Nas Device.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-LAN-NETWORK-STO ... 7C294%3A50

No Power Hog pc needed a device with 2 usb ports that runs on a 12v wallwart @1.5a
    but if i want to get a file or files its a faster transfer direct to the laptop than over my network plus no login needed.

i dont tote the drives with me lol
    thay stay here all the time

when im on the road i just "hit" them with the Http:// or the Ftp://

19. radioman193

radioman193

20. radioman193

Felix[GER]

radioman1993, you have 6 netbooks in all colours, with thousands of GB HDD space on it.

But none of them is capeble to playback a 1080p trailer from apple or else where? I feel sorry for you, really!

Felix[GER], Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question