751h The Thing is a JOKE!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by radioman193, Jul 14, 2009.

1. radioman193

Felix[GER]

Wrong! In soviet russia, they impress their classmats with smooth 1080p H.264 Videos and Dolby driven Sennheiser In-Ear Headphones. Strikes any regular Netbook in terms of MultiMedia ;)

Felix[GER], Sep 24, 2009
  2. radioman193

Guest Guest

I know he's gone now, but i'd like to say something to Mr.Radio anyway...
    1) hey "bigboy", if you worked for U.S. Pacific in the '40s you would know what a real Big Boy is. But you didn't, 'cause you're 45.
    2) your many partitions are all FAT32: don't you ever handle files larger than 4GB? Oh, sorry, you don't watch HD movies, nor double layer DVDs. Although you said you have a movie hard drive.
    3) you claim those are not partition but physical drives. It would have been cheaper to buy a 1TB hard drive and partition it or make folders. It would have been faster too, because you said those drives are attached via USB. Now 480/8 = 60 Mbps = 7,5 MBps: this sucks. Believe me, this would be the real slowdown, not the Z520.
    4) you claim the 751 wasn't fast enough for a lot of tasks together, then you come out and say you own a whole battalion of netbooks, each for one task. So where's the big performance gain? 1600MHz vs. 1330MHz is about 17% faster, but both of them are slow processors, my 2003 Intel Centrino (single core 1800MHz) is faster than both.
    5) instead of wasting a lot of money buying a lot of netbooks, I would have bought a single, really big PC and one netbook. Cheap is weak, you can't host a website and FTP server running 24/7 on these machines. They're not designed for this, they're made to travel.
    6) you want another feature the 751 is capable of? Here you go: Photoshop CS4. It works, really. With occasional stuttering, but it's OK. And you don't have to go crazy because of a 1024x600 pixels screen.
    7) you say "i would voice my opinion on my experience with the device as a Fact". Well, an opinion is an opinion and a fact is a fact. Facts happen: try to make an opinion happen if you can. To better understand your rights as an U.S. citizen, to refresh the proper use of capital letters in English and to learn what a real Big Boy is, you can "go back to school", as you suggested.
    8) If I was one of your 50 employees, I would have changed workplace as soon as I could, because you are a bad chief. You have lunatic ideas, you force them on others (even if they're not your employees) and you lack in any form of politeness.

That's all guys, good night and respect the good ol' Big Boys!

[​IMG]
    In the photo, behind the Big Boy and its tender, you can see an EMD DDA40X Centennial, the most powerful Diesel loco ever built.

Guest, Sep 26, 2009
  3. radioman193

kered424

Well said Mr. GystafToni!

kered424, Sep 26, 2009
  4. radioman193

donec

Why try and stir the pot?

donec, Sep 26, 2009
  5. radioman193

Guest Guest

Re: 751h The Thing is a NOT a JOKE!!!

Don't mention it, kered424. Radioman193 built a wonky house using rage and rudeness as cement. Walking nearby, noticing it and turning up my nose was enough for the building to collapse. My own previous post may contain errors and personal opinions not everybody would accept. Please share your thoughts, especially about the multi disk setup (I'm not going to yell at you... :D ). I'm gonna build an home network including 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 2 netbooks (Acer 110 and 751), 1 nettop (still to be purchased and connectet to TV, VCR and HiFi home teater), a router (this is wise), one network printer. The problem is, I need something acting as a NAS. I was planning to simply attach two WD Elements (for redundancy) to the nettop, that would act as a NAS manager and Torrent+eMule client, being powered all the day and shut at night. I think the Acer Revo would be a nice choice, for the ION platform, the quiet operation (this one is an assumption: if you own one and it's noisy, please tell me), little space demand and mainly for low power consumption. I think I'll need to upgrade to gigabit and from 802.11g to n: I was waiting for them to issue the final version of the standard and now it's out. What do you think? Do you have some better ideas to share?

I'm putting this here to give a turn to this wasted thread and (feel free to disagree) because it is related to the 751, which, together with a notebook (my good ol' trusty Packard Bell 8770) would be supreme lords (lol) and administrators of the network (and the main users of the NAS system).

Please kered424, don't call me "Mr.", because i'm 23 and that makes me feel old :) !

Thank you all! ...and don't forget to go to school :mrgreen: !

Guest, Sep 26, 2009
  6. radioman193

Guest Guest

Re: 751h The Thing is NOT a JOKE!!!

@ donec: I stir the pot because I can't tolerate people like Radioman193, because I like the 751 and because I needed an advice on the topic I suggested above. Anyway it's not my intention to start another fire, and I apologize if my first post in this thread appears sarcastic (and reading it now I understand it could be taken that way). Except for point 8, which is my own and true opinion about Radioman, it was just light irony and constructive criticism on how to use the 751. If I did wrong, I didn't want to. But you need to tell me where I fell, and why. Maybe all these personal ideas should be kept in PM (including my opinions on anyone)...

Guest, Sep 26, 2009
  7. radioman193

scwinn

I must admit that the 751h is not your average netbook. The keyboard bounces like crazy, and the big flat keys are annoying because they have no contour. And, if you are running without the right drivers, you will want to toss the machine at the wall.

I have a D150, and an AAO110. Each machine has their own purpose to me, and their own quirks.

I bought the 751h to run a specific application under Windows Vista. But know what? It has become my main machine. It has a beutiful scree. You can easily overclock the CPU and that makes a ghuge difference, and when you have the right drivers inbstalled, the machine really does well. And this may be the only netbook that can truly replace a notebook.

It is ge=reat and the arguments presented in this topic by and large against the 751h.... well.... they are silly!

scwinn, Oct 21, 2009
  8. radioman193

AdamElphick

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am sure most of the people on here moaning are those who moved from a laptop to a netbook and wondered why it can't play all the online games the laptop could!

The 751 is a special beast - long battery life for the battery size... it runs for the same time on a 2200mAh battery as the eeePC1000 does on a 5800mAh. I bought a 5200mAh battery off eBay for £32 and it now runs for almost 7 HOURS... for my eeePC1000 i needed a 10400mAh battery to do that!
    The screen is beautiful and at last means no scrolling sideways on web pages. It's fantastic HD and frankly if you have W7 or use PowerDVD it plays HD video just fine.
    The keyboard while a bit 'unique' is far from bad... in fact after upgrading my eeePC1000 to the new chiclet keyboard from the HE I actually prefer the 751's!
    Upgrading is easy for HD and memory, plus with a bit on ingenuity you can get a full size Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card in replacement for the Atheros half height card (for those who have no BT).
    Its amazingly thin and light, and just to show how small it is it fits into most 10" netbook cases....
    I love it so much that I sold both my eeePC1000's and now use the 751 most of the time instead of bothering to fire up my 64bit desktop.... I can run my Office 2007 suit with no problems, access the net, use my BT mouse etc all form my lap....

AdamElphick, Oct 22, 2009
  9. radioman193

radioman193

LOL
    Im here I just dont like to wast my time with Children or Childish things like the 751.
    as i have Not needed to say nothing >>>The forum speeks for the 751 verry clearly <<<
    If the FACTS did not Bother you why do you like to dwell on the subject.

If your happy with it then
    Shhhhhhhhh

Oh for a GOOD NAS server
    http://groups.google.com/group/dealextr ... on-the-nas
    http://groups.google.com/group/dealextreme-nas-
    $30.00 on ebay
    or
    $40 here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20383
    Its AWSOME with the new firmware!
    http://groups.google.com/group/dealextr ... s---v1-0-0

you would want the 652 NOT the 651
    the 652 is a WEB server
    and
    the 651 is Only a NETWORK server and Software is needed on eatch pc to use it That SUX!
    On the 652 i have here i have got it on its own WRT300n for Complete wireless access so my bandwidth is not affected by the people on the HotSpot
    and is still connected to my network off my second wrt300n router.
    makes for a nice standalone Nas for ALL my Multimedia needs
    and after the HOTSPOT was setup on the wrt300n alot of people can enjoy the movies and music for 4 blocks arround here .

it has 2 7 port hubs on it for 14 2.0 ports
    and at this time i only have 6 500GB Samsung Data drives on it with a 80GB main config drive
    with my website and server configuration files on it.

good for "low power consumption"
    SMALL
    no Fans
    no heat
    no problems like usen a Laptop as a Nas
    0db noise level
    dont need reboots

Works as a
    HTTP / HTTPS web server
    Host your Own website
    Ftp server
    Print server
    Web cam server
    torrent downloader
    and alot more !
    all in 1 LITTLE "box"

radioman193, Dec 2, 2009
  10. radioman193

Bols

Oh, dear God...he has returned.

Bols, Dec 2, 2009
  11. radioman193

radioman193

Thank you ......
    but I Never went away.

radioman193, Dec 2, 2009
  12. radioman193

cbr1100xx

I'm moving up from the first XP 8.9" Acer and this one is performing just as well. The thing is for surfing the web and other basic tasks, and the 751h does them fine. Hell with Ubuntu 9.10 it surfs the web as fast as you could ever want, and with the extra real estate you can have a browser up and a IM window without being cramped.

If I need more power there is a 17" Dell I have which is basically a mobile desktop, and then a workstation for the real work. This netbook is a toy and for basic needs, and for that it is perfect. Hell with Ubuntu it would be fine I would say for 80% of computer users.

cbr1100xx, Dec 10, 2009
  13. radioman193

JamesDax

Just grabbed one of these today for only $249. Loving it so far. Does exactly what I need it to do. For the money I spent if there is a joke I sure don't get it.

JamesDax, Dec 10, 2009
  14. radioman193

AdamElphick

Well said - mine is running W7 Ultimate with full aero peek, does office 2007 and Picasa for my pics. Happily remotes my desktop and my work pc if I want horsepower for something. Youtube videos seem ok if a bit jumpy if HD. Plays movies just fine...

What the hell are people moaning about?! The thing costs LESS than a good mobile phone and does just what you want it to do! If you want more than web, office and some basic games and videos you shouldn't have bought a netbook in the first place!

AdamElphick, Dec 10, 2009
  15. radioman193

Pytheas

You must be joking!
    I bought mine a couple of weeks ago for €335 (Greece) and it instantly became my right-hand partner: Lightweight, great screen, not sluggish with Windows 7 Pro and does what it's meant to do pretty well! I use it mostly for word processing and web browsing, while I can watch some Youtube clips or videos on the road. Battery lifetime is great, too (7+ hours with a 6-cell battery). I understand that some compromises (1,3GHz CPU) were made in order to keep the power consumption down while using a larger screen but I am OK with it, since I find it snappy for everyday use.

It really brings a smile on my face, and trust me, not because this machine is a joke...instead I find it really suitable for most applications!

If you want a more powerful machine for some reason, try another netbook (e.g. Gateway EC18 series) or buy a laptop.

Pytheas, Dec 10, 2009
Ask a Question