9.10 internal mic 110L model

Discussion in 'Linux' started by irishhhhh, Nov 3, 2009.

1. irishhhhh

irishhhhh

9.04 mic worked well but 9.10 was too tempting to turn down. im very pleased with everything but the internal mic. the mic works in sound recorder but is extremely quiet and only picks up my tapping very hard on the mic or my blowing into it with full amplification. the bars in sound preferences do not move at all. and skype does not pick up any sound at all. i tried the old model=acer-aspire trick but that flat out killed all sound. i reversed this but my mic is still not functional. does anyone know how to fix this yet?

irishhhhh, Nov 3, 2009
  2. irishhhhh

irishhhhh

installing pavucontrol and unlocking the inputs and muting one and leaving the other on high works. i now can use my internal mic with all apps including skype. :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

irishhhhh, Dec 2, 2009
  3. irishhhhh

jice

Kudos irishhhhh...you should be rich now!
    A month I'm seeking for the solution of this issue! I'd ever heard of setting differently the 2 levels but didn't do it because not understanding why. But with your explanation? I tried and it works.
    I'll try to better understand why but for now it works and all is fine with Karmic.
    When Ubuntu one is also working, every thing will be ok. Thanks again. :D

jice, Dec 3, 2009
  4. irishhhhh

jice

Mic works but there is much larsen with pidgin.
    Very difficult to set the differents levels, mic and speakers seem to move together.

jice, Dec 3, 2009
  5. irishhhhh

abuser

I also had almost the same problem - mic worked in Skype few days after installing UNR 9.10 but later on stopped like explained in the initial post
    I managed to solve this problem only via reinstalling from the scratch, but now I see there was more graceful solution
    :)
    Nice info, thanks

abuser, Dec 3, 2009
  6. irishhhhh

Kifersan

:D this really work!! thx

Kifersan, Feb 16, 2010
  7. irishhhhh

lotus49

This is still required in 10.10 and still works. Thanks for this.

lotus49, Jan 13, 2011
Ask a Question