9cell or 6cell battery?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by steven.chien, Jan 27, 2009.

1. steven.chien

steven.chien

I want to buy a 9cell or 6cellbattery for my AA1 110 from Acer, but I saw pictures of the 9cell and 6cell battery, they are bigger in size than the original 3 cell one, is that true, if true, than will it fit the bag came with the computer anymore? or is there any other bags designed for it?

steven.chien, Jan 27, 2009
  2. steven.chien

melhiore

Bigger battery = bigger in size. I have 9-cell battery ATM and I use neoprene sleeve bag which is not original but fits great. Original one probably will not be able to fit Acer with big battery but I can be wrong as I never used that...

melhiore, Jan 27, 2009
  3. steven.chien

3ld468

I have an original AA1 with 3-cell battery and a sleeve with side entry into which a larger battery will not fit. However, a friend recently bought an AA1 with a 6-cell, from Singapour, and his sleeve has the opening on the long side so the bigger computer will go in. I strongly advise getting a nice padded carrying bag in any case. There is lots of choice and you need not spend more than about $20. I have a Tech air TANZ0105 (http://www.techair.co.uk/) which has plenty of room to accommodate even a 9-cell without being too bulky.
    Cheers

3ld468, Jan 27, 2009
  4. steven.chien

stepppy

I have a 9 cell battery and I currently use the sleeve provided with my Acer and if I put it in open end first it fits fine, the sleeve covers the top and bottom of the battery, but obviously won't cover it completely :)

stepppy, Jan 28, 2009
  5. steven.chien

steven.chien

thanks for you advice! :D

steven.chien, Jan 29, 2009
  6. steven.chien

sheriffav8r

I'm thinking the same thing. I have the 3-cell but want more capacity. Mambate has some 6 and 9 cell for pretty good prices, but they say the 9 cell is 50x50x210mm and 435g while the 6 cell is 35x50x210. Does the Acer OEM 6 cell have a much bigger form factor than the 3 cell? I just want to keep my computer small, but need to purchase a second battery anyway for work. I don't want to carry around a 5 pound "little" netbook. Are you users with the 9 cell happy or is it just too big?

sheriffav8r, Jan 30, 2009
  7. steven.chien

stepppy

I am very happy with my 9 cell battery and I put the increased usability time way over the aesthetics of the machine. At the same time I still think it looks pretty good, except the mismatched blue colour (would have preferred all black like the 3 cell) :)

stepppy, Jan 30, 2009
  8. steven.chien

steven.chien

wow! seems that there are difficulties to strike a balance between size and durability :lol:

steven.chien, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question