A Forum for Photographers

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by MParker, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MParker

MParker

I'd like the administrators to consider a forum here on AspireOneUser for photographers. Netbooks are becoming a valuable tool for field use when images need to be off loaded from cards and into a storage device. Current memory card backup and viewing units are not as versitile (disappointing and costly actually) as the AAO and size and weight of the AAO and other netbooks makes it a very attractive alternative. Netbooks have been a popular subject lately on photography forum sites, especially NikonCafe and DPReview.

If you agree please post a comment here so our moderators can gauge the real interest level.

MParker, Feb 23, 2009
  2. MParker

me075064

Whilst I'm not a serious photographer, I would be interested to see how you got use the Linux aa1 to work with pictures for when I'm on holiday or on trips.
    :)

me075064, Feb 23, 2009
  3. MParker

MParker

I use a Windows version of the AAO. I don't know what apps are available for Linux users that would allow image storage and editing. Perhaps you'd need to create a dual boot system if you have enough drive space available.

MParker, Feb 23, 2009
  4. MParker

Stu

Gimp is one program. Not sure if you can get it running under Linpus but it certainly works on Ubuntu and Debian.

Stu, Feb 28, 2009
  5. MParker

Tamrac

I'm a Pro photographer, and I had mandriva linux 2009 on my AAO. I used GIMP and Picasa for linux for my images. But it's only on those lazy days when I don't feel like bringing my laptop. But for serious work, nothing beats a full fledged laptop with Photoshop CS3. For quick browsing of shots taken, then the AAO will do. I just use mine for wifi internet on the go. The small screen is a pain when trying view of edit 10-12megapixel images. :D

Tamrac, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question