A general information thread about our AAOs

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Sniper257, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Sniper257

Sniper257

I thought I should start a thread about our little AAO's, featuring configurations and screenshots. First, I'll start with mine.
    I have an AAO110L with 512MB RAM, 8GB SSD and a 1GB SD Card in the left card slot for page file and some data backup. I'm using the Watercolor Emico: Black theme [link] with the Shellstyles to go with it. [link]
    I also grabbed a wallpaper pack designed for this theme, and am using the silver version. [link]
    [​IMG]
    I'm using AAOFanControl to keep my annoying whiny fan at bay, and 2-finger scroll. I'm using the default wireless card since it seems to work fine for me and I use my AAO at school to type notes, browse the web, and play StepMania. [link]
    I tried using A1ctl and it messed up what system properties says about my AAO :(
    [​IMG]
    Anyone have a fix for this? Anyway, to use the SD card slot for a page file you need to use the hitachi microdrive driver. [link] I thought I could use device manager to put it onto the host controller but that doesn't work so I found out you can right click on the drive itself in My Computer and force it on this way.
    Works great!
    Also, for firefox to get good screen real-estate use, right click on the buttons and choose properties and change it to small icons. Also use the hide menubar add-on to make it as small as possible: [link]
    [​IMG]
    Hope this is a good resource for everyone to just put general AAO info here.
    I just decided to put some tutorials in here too because they are helpful.

Sniper257, Nov 22, 2008
Ask a Question