a general question does photoshop CS4 works on AA1 perfect ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by naeemsta, Jan 16, 2009.

1. naeemsta

naeemsta

a general question does photoshop CS4 works on AA1 perfect ?
    and can you play 720p MP4 files flawlessly ???
    i want to know that as i am waiting for the 10 inch aa1 to be released so i can get that.
    thanks in advance.^_^

naeemsta, Jan 16, 2009
  2. naeemsta

Photomonk

Depends, what are you working with a SSD or HD, and then again how much RAM?

Myself, I can run most of the CS programs, but flawlessly is asking a bit much for Adobe products. I am running 720p MP4s on my computer but depending on what is running also at the same time can determine if there are slight hangs or not. I use my AAO in the field for quick photo and video editing, but for the most part avoid using Adobe products for a few reasons such as their being overpriced, and that CS products really being a bunch of bloatware. I rather use other programs that are just as fine and don't take up the amount of space on my hard drive or the bite out of my wallet. ;) :shock:

Photomonk, Jan 16, 2009
  3. naeemsta

goofball

it will work but Adobe Camera Raw requires 1024x768 resolution so you can see everything. You can use a1ctl or set the desktop to 1024x768 to scroll to see the other options if you use ACR. It's also very slow on the AA1 if you use filters. I would recommend using CS3 (although it too has the ACR resolution requirement) or CS2 unless it is not possible for what you intend to do
    720p mkv files are doable, I haven't run into any issues with it thus far.

goofball, Jan 16, 2009
  4. naeemsta

jackluo923

You can also set the screen resolution to 1024x768 the normal way (as long as you disable "hide unsupported display mode" option) as opposed to using a1ctrl because it sometimes mess up your computer.

Also 1024x600 resolution is fine if you slightly customize the interface a little bit. (simply drag the toolbar on the left of the screen to double width and you're ready to go).

720P mkv file (h.264), 2.5mbit/s videos plays perfectly fine on AAO if you use coreavc codec instead of ffdshow or other alternative. The average cpu ussage when playing 720P h.264 video is about 80-85%.

jackluo923, Jan 16, 2009
  5. naeemsta

naeemsta

thanks for all the answers bros
    hopefully now i AM DETERMINED to get the AA1 10 inch :D

naeemsta, Jan 16, 2009
  6. naeemsta

goofball

Not that the 10" offers better resolution.

goofball, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question