A real beginner

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Sturmovik, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sturmovik

Sturmovik

I have recieved an aoa-150 BC as a gift from germany and I have some questions.

1-Operating system is in german. I would like to re-install XP with turkish or english language.
    a) Since this netbook doesnt contain an optical drive, how can I format my computer?
    b) Will there be any problems installing drivers after format?
    2- Does my netbook contain an SSD?
    If yes, is there any problems related with SSD?
    3- How can I check whether netbook has 3 cell or more cell battery?
    4-How good gpu is? Is there any equal that we can compare in nvidia or ati chipset?
    5- Is there any hardware upgrades possible?
    6-Is there any distintive features of this device?
    7- Last, I would like to hear advices of experienced users. What should/should not I do?

Sturmovik, Apr 4, 2009
  2. Sturmovik

melhiore

Easiest way is to use external CD/DVD drive. There is a way of installing XP of the USB drive explained in the forum but for me external CD works great in any case...

No.

You said the model you have is A150 - in that case there is HDD not SSD...

3-cell battery does not stick out of netbook. Any bigger battery will stick out.

GPU is GMA950 - it's good for most of the things. I can not compare this with any Invidia or Ati as this is different product. In this forum there is a lot of reports regarding games and advanced graphic use...

Yes. Many: Touchscreen, Bluetooth, HDD, RAM, Wi-Fi card, 3G/HSDPA...

Again. Many - for me size and battery life, weight etc...

What can I say: read the forum, there is plenty of information regarding every aspect of use/maintenance/mods etc. And have fun with this device ;)

melhiore, Apr 5, 2009
Ask a Question