A0751h Half black screen/ half OK

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by spadge_2356, Nov 14, 2010.

1. spadge_2356

spadge_2356

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum, I hope someone can help! I am trying to fix an Acer Aspire ONE A0751-h-52Bk computer for a friend. One day while using the laptop half the display faded to black and the other half stayed useable.
    It doesnt appear to be the "black screen of death" problem where the whole screen goes black because I can still see half the screen.

The solution I have tried so-far was to flash the BIOS with a USB drive (holding in Fn+ESC while pressing the pwr key) but the computer did not reboot even after 30mins of the power light flashing. So I took out the USB drive and turned the computer back on. This time the screen came back to life but for only 60 seconds :(
    I also tried Windows system restore but this didnt work

Here's what I can tell you about the computer. Can someone please help???
    VGA BIOS version 3306
    Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks,
    SPADGE_2356

spadge_2356, Nov 14, 2010
  2. spadge_2356

Swarvey Moderator

You might have to disconnect and re-seat the cable for the monitor, however it sounds more likely that the monitor itself is on the way out. Is the machine still under warranty? If so it might be worth giving Acer a call and booking it in for service. Backup the HDD first.

Swarvey, Nov 14, 2010
Ask a Question