A0751h locks up

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by indebtedtomsu, Oct 22, 2009.

1. indebtedtomsu

indebtedtomsu

Ok....a friend of mine (really true), bought an ACER on my recommendation through Amazon.com. He really liked the size and feel of my A0150.

The problem he is having is random freeze up of everything, screen, scrolling, all keys on the keyboard, etc. Requires an on/off switch reboot.

I've read many of the same issues in this forum. The key difference here is this: If he doesn't connect to the internet using his Verizon USB Modem (Pantech UM175 in disguise), the computer will run forever.

It only locks up when using the USB modem and connected to the internet. I brought it home last night and it ran all night connected to my wi-fi via the internal adapter (about 13 hours). It seems the issue is the USB modem. Anyone else seen this type of behavior?

indebtedtomsu, Oct 22, 2009
  2. indebtedtomsu

Predator04

Predator04, Oct 22, 2009
  3. indebtedtomsu

indebtedtomsu

I went throught that entire string and the only thing that caught my eye was the video driver issue. I downloaded and installed it last night, just in case. Everything seems to point to the USB Modem issue....

indebtedtomsu, Oct 22, 2009
  4. indebtedtomsu

Predator04

have you looked for a maybe a updated driver for it or updated firmware? not sure if they have updatable firmware. but check it out.

Predator04, Oct 23, 2009
  5. indebtedtomsu

acergripe2

I have downloaded the new bios and every relevant patch on the ACER ONE 0715h support site (Widnows XP, video, touchpad, etc., ). It still locks up unexpectedly. I do not use a USB Modem, I connect wirelessly. The bios fix reduced the frequency of lock ups by 80%. It no longer locks up on every session, it still locks up one if four/five times I use it. I have to turn it off at the power switch. On reboot it operates fine. Prior to my BIOS update the reboot session would lock up consistently.

acergripe2, Nov 7, 2009
  6. indebtedtomsu

cmeide

The keyword is RAM.
    Check the other posts.

cmeide, Nov 8, 2009
  7. indebtedtomsu

c921

Motherboard too.

c921, Nov 9, 2009
  8. indebtedtomsu

SGARDNER

Take the SD to micro SD adapter out of the USB card reader. Without an actual SD card in the adapter...the USB card reader does not know what to do and it locks up. It looks like a perfect place to store the adapter...but unless it has a card in it...remove it.

SGARDNER, Dec 16, 2009
Ask a Question