AA1 110 US/NA 2nd miniPCI-E Pinout for USB Mods

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ipearl, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ipearl

ipearl

Well I am looking for a Pinout sheet that tells me what to solder what lead onto the mobo to turn the empty/missing miniPCI-E into a USB input.

Also does any one know where and what exact height the miniPCI-E Has to be in order to make it fully functional ? with tha backside Plate.
    Because i see there are many different heights just like on the EEE PCs missing PCI-Es

ipearl, Sep 4, 2008
  2. ipearl

DiSK

This should be in the REQUEST forum. Not trying to be mean or anything, but no one will be able to find anything if no one posts in the correct categories.

http://www.interfacebus.com/Mini_PCI_Express_Bus.html#e

That's the link for the pinouts. I think it's 36 and 38 that you have to solder to.

DiSK, Sep 6, 2008
  3. ipearl

ipearl

Oh i thought i did post this in request...

But yeah i found a incomplete Diagram. And it is confirmed the miniPCI-E has no 5v line they are 3v and lower only.

ipearl, Sep 6, 2008
  4. ipearl

DiSK

There should be another 5V point, isn't there? Like, I mean, the touchscreen mod uses 5V, doesn't it? Can't you use that for 5V?

DiSK, Sep 6, 2008
  5. ipearl

LIV2

There definitely is +5V... the USB pins on the Mini-PCIE bus would be useless otherwise.

LIV2, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question