AA1 died suddenly on reboot

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Arctic_Eddie, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Arctic_Eddie

Arctic_Eddie

First and foremost, let me say mucho thankyou to Macles for his emergency BIOS reflash procedure.

http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/08/acer ... overy.html

I had just installed a Canon camera driver package and was testing it for performance. After I was done with the configuration I decided to reboot to get everything back to normal. The mini shutdown and never came back on. There was nothing on the screen and the green indicators would just flash once when pushing the power button. It would shut off by holding the power button. Cycling the charger and battery did nothing. I was getting ready to pack it up for return to Acer repair and I remembered the emergency flash procedure in case the screen would not light. Fortunately, I had a stick all ready to go since it had V3114 and I had 3304 & 3305 ready. I did the rename for 3304 and used the procedure to reflash. Hallelujah, it worked. The mini is back on line and all is intact. My wife and I were headed out of state for a week to visit her sister and I wanted to use the mini in the front of the car running Delorme Street Atlas for navigation. There would not have been enough time to get it repaired under warranty.

Thanks again Macles. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :p :p

Arctic_Eddie, Jan 11, 2009
Ask a Question