AA1 Freezes when it tries to Hibernate

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ZmyDust, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ZmyDust

ZmyDust

It worked properly for a while, but now this happens everytime.

When I ask the computer to hibernate, (settings are to hibernate upon closing, or hibernate upon pressing power) it goes to the Blue "Preparing to Hibernate" screen, and stays there, on, with the fan running.

The only way I've found to get it to move on is to let the battery run out, or hold down the power button for ~8 seconds to do a hard shutdown. I don't care for either of these options.

The first time, I didn't realize it, I slipped it into the factory protector, put it in my bag, then found it still running very very hot a couple hours later! Not good.

Doing google searches, it seems this happens with all computers not just AA1, but I didn't find a definitive way to fix it. Any advice?

I use the computer here and there all thoughout the day, and would like it to go to sleep when I don't use it to save battery. Do I have to shut it down every time to accomplish this?

Thanks!

ZmyDust, Dec 22, 2008
  2. ZmyDust

Rich in ILM

Run a registry scan/repair program. Then a spyware removal program.

It worked for me.

Rich in ILM, Dec 22, 2008
  3. ZmyDust

ZmyDust

Any reccomendations?

I've been using malbyte's anti malware and it's seemed to help take some crap off my work computers.

What else is useful?

ZmyDust, Dec 23, 2008
  4. ZmyDust

Rich in ILM

http://www.glaryutilities.com/

Lots of free utilities including a registry cleaner.

Rich in ILM, Dec 23, 2008
  5. ZmyDust

LAZ

My similar hibernation problem was fixed by replacing the webcam driver. See this thread.

LAZ, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question