aa1 system recovery iso????

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Benkins, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Benkins

Benkins

i downloaded it through a torrent and then tried to burn to a dvd-r with a iso burner but still wont boot just opens as folder with lots of images and tar files can anyone tell me where i am going wrong?
    :D

Benkins, Aug 30, 2008
  2. Benkins

endgame

endgame, Sep 2, 2008
  3. Benkins

brad0022

thank you. just what I have been searching for.

brad0022, Sep 7, 2008
  4. Benkins

hmraao

Can I direct anyone who is unfamilair with the potential risk that warez can pose, to my previous posting here. I'm not saying that there's anything actually wrong with the solution EndGame is offering, only that there's no way of knowing. Their nametag is rather ominous, though.

hmraao, Sep 7, 2008
  5. Benkins

hmraao

Apologies, if this is like teaching my grannie to suck eggs, but...

In order to boot the Acer RecoveryDVD, you must restart your computer. While the BIOS is booting you select the optical drive as the preferred boot device. You select the preferred boot device in one of two ways, depending on your computer's particular BIOS.

Method 1: Enter the BIOS setup application by pressing, typically, either the Del key or the F2 key. The correct key to press will be either on the BIOS splash screen or in your computer's user guide, if it's not either of these. Navigate to the Boot preferences screen, and make sure that the first choice of boot device is the optical drive.

Method 2: Temporarily change the boot device order by pressing, typically the F12 key. Again, select the optical drive as the first choice of boot device.

Whichever method you use, before confirming your choice, insert the RecoveryDVD into the optical drive. In addition, sometimes you may need to confirm that you want to boot from the optical drive by pressing either the Spacebar or the Return/Enter key.

If the computer boots to its regular operating system, and the RecoveryDVD opens as a folder with lots of image files and tar archives, then it has not booted. If it boots you will be presented with an Acer splash screen and several options to choose from.

If the ISO image you have burnt does not boot, either you did not select the optical drive as the preferred boot device, or there is something wrong with the image you burned. I will shortly create something for the guide section explaining how to use VMware technology to create a Recovery USB without having to burn a DVD of the ISO image at all. I shall post a link here when it is available.

hmraao, Sep 7, 2008
  6. Benkins

hmraao

As promised, here is the link: How to Create a Recovery USB using VMware Player

hmraao, Sep 9, 2008
  7. Benkins

XE1UFO

Where did you download it from???

XE1UFO, Sep 16, 2008
  8. Benkins

XE1UFO

Oh, I found the ISO.

Here is one for the experts: My Acer came with WindowsXP. Can I add the Linpus ISO (installing) to it for dual boot,without losing my XP?

XE1UFO, Sep 16, 2008
  9. Benkins

hmraao

Do you mean the Linpus Lite ISO or the Acer Recovery ISO?

I'm no expert, but...

The Acer Recovery ISO does not include a dual boot configuration option, although it might be possible to use it to create one. (I get the impression that several posters are trying to use it in this way - with mixed results, it would seem. For a dual boot topic see viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3043)

The Linpus Lite LiveCD is just that. It's for evaluating Linpus Linux. If you want to install, I think you're supposed to buy a copy;)

hmraao, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question