AAO 150 upgraded from Linux to XP

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mattress, Jan 5, 2009.

1. mattress

mattress

Hi all,

I have just wiped Linux from the above machine and installed Windows XP with SP3 integrated. Everything went fine apart from the following two issues:

1. Webcam doesn't work.....or is even detected!!

2. Wireless network doesn't seen to work. The orange (right-hand) light blinks every 6 or so seconds and I am notified that wireless networks are being detected. When I click on the bubble it says 'No wireless networks were found in range' (even after refreshing) even though the wireless network is active and strong on my Advent 4211 (sitting next to the Acer).

After installing two separate versions of XP (twice each!) I am very close to pulling out what little hair I have left!!! Also, I have tried all available drivers and suggested fixes to no avail.

Please help!!! :cry:

mattress, Jan 5, 2009
  2. mattress

mattress

Hi again. Miraculously, I just managed to get the WLAN working after installing the Atheros Client Utility. :D

Things must be looking up!!! Just the webcam to go!

mattress, Jan 5, 2009
  3. mattress

SNOboy

Did you install chipset drivers and follow driver install sequence chipset,video,sound,lan,wan,card reader sometimes it helps SNO

SNOboy, Feb 24, 2009
Ask a Question