AAO 150D WIFI/WWLAN switch issue

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by krystian, Feb 26, 2010.

1. krystian

krystian

Hi there,

I'm having a rather strange wifi switch issue.
    It does not work [lol].
    Well this morning it worked fine and now I can use it as much as I can and it will not disable/enable anything.
    Because I have swapped location of wifi to the second minipcie slot I have to enable it every time I boot [but then again I don't want to loose option to disable it by disabling pin 20].
    Like I've said, this morning it worked fine, now - nothing.

Yesterday I have removed every bloatware from Acer, but it was yesterday and today switch worked fine.

Other thing: when I put windows to sleep and turn it on again the wifi is on and after few seconds is disabled... damn ;]

Any ideas how to fix it?

krystian, Feb 26, 2010
  2. krystian

krystian

Sorry for not editing, this is not an additional fact, this is a new thing unfortunately.

So wifi got back to business, however the 3g modem I got in second slot does not work properly [Expedite EU850D with sim card slot built in].
    It's detected by the system fine, but the radio is off.
    I cannot enable it.
    When I push the wifi switch to the right [to enable the minipci 1 in which originally wifi card resides] there's a satellite dish icon on the screen with red X on it.
    When i push the switch to the left it will show me 3G icon [the wifi card will start] and when I push it to the left again it will show me 3g icon with a red X on it - wifi card will stop.
    I sure have no clue why it will not work with the 3d modem :/

Any thoughts?

krystian, Feb 28, 2010
  3. krystian

Swarvey Moderator

Did you tape pin 20 on the 3G card? or are you relying on sliding the wifi switch to the left to make it work? Was there any software accompanying your 3G card? Is your SIM card present in the 3G card? and finally, which BIOS version are you using?

Swarvey, Mar 1, 2010
  4. krystian

krystian

Hey,

I didn't tape the pin 20, I want to be able to control it using the switch [if it works for wifi card which is in the 3G modem place, why doesn't it work for 3G modem which is connected to the wifi slot?]

Software for the 3G card is installed, works fine, detects the sim card, I can check all the imei/imsi numbers.

I am not sure about the bios version to be honest, it is just as it came with the netbook. However... I thought that if I can see the icons on screen, and because it is the switch to the right [wifi on/off] which controls my 3g modem I assumed it would work without any change.

Thanks,
    K

krystian, Mar 1, 2010
Ask a Question