AAO 751h black screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by toepack, Feb 26, 2010.

1. toepack

toepack

I got a black screen on my 751h after a failed bios update in windows, i ddn't even click anything on the bios update program include in the zip i downloaded from the ACER website. I jus opened to see what it was liked, and when it opened it said on the title bar, (not responding), it was like that for a while, so i force closed the app using ctrl-alt-delete, i figured, it probably ddn't go anything since i ddn't click on anything...

Then i god a black screen after i restarted...

Can someone pls help me?.. the ACER service center is a hundred kilometers away here in the philippines....

THank you...

toepack, Feb 26, 2010
  2. toepack

toepack

Will this method work on the 751h? including the renaming of the file?..

http://ezinearticles.com/?Acer-Aspire-O ... id=1815776

The Acer Aspire One has its own built-in BIOS recovery routine, allowing it possible to flash the BIOS even when the system doesn't boot anymore. It's feature meant only for emergencies it may void your warranty, so use at your own risk.

Execute every step carefully!

Step 1 :

Format an USB stick with FAT file system.

Step 2 :

Download the latest Aspire one BIOS, then put both Bios and the FLASHIT.EXE software file in the root directory of the USB stick.

Step 3 :

Important, rename the BIOS file to ZG5IA32.FD and do not remove the USB stick.

Step 4 :

Turn off the A1 and make sure both battery and AC adapter are connected.

Press the Fn+Esc key, keep it pressed and push the power button to turn the Aspire 1 on.

Release the Fn+Esc key you will see after a few seconds, the power button blinking.

Push the power button once at this time the acer One will now initiate the BIOS flash, do not interrupt it under any circumstances.

Wait until the power button stop blinking, the AA1 will reboot shortly after. Wait patiently.

Now the BIOS has been flashed so all settings reset to default.

If for any reason you made a mistake during the procedure let it unable to reboot by itself wait 5 minutes before turning it off( just to be safe that it isn't still flashing the BIOS).

toepack, Feb 26, 2010
  3. toepack

flakever

The same happened to me!
    Is there any solution to this problem?

The solution mentioned is not valid for 751h, btw....

Thanks....

flakever, Feb 28, 2010
  4. toepack

Eosblue

This whole thread is why I think it's dangerous to update the BIOS unless there is a VERY good reason for doing so. Yes, I did update my BIOS to 3210 without any problems (I followed the instructions completely.) I think my Acer came with 3306 and I really had NO reason to update since my 751h was running fine. However, I am a tweaker from way back although I tend to stay away from BIOS updates because of what happened to the OP in this thread. So, I don't think I'm going to be playing BIOS "roulette" with 3211. I held my breath when I did 3210.

If you do decide to "spin" the wheel of chance, follow the instructions to a T and SIT on your hands until the the update is complete. In other words, keep your hands off the keyboard, have a fully charged battery and have the charger plugged in as well.

Eosblue, Feb 28, 2010
Ask a Question