AAO D250 + RunCore Pro IV SSD problems

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Lefty44, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Lefty44

Lefty44

Hello all!

Just bought a D250-0Bk and replaced the stock SATA drive with my RunCore Pro IV 32 GB SSD. The drive is detected properly by BIOS but when I start Windows 7 (boot from USB stick) Setup it finds no disks.

The drive works, just moved it from my MSI Wind. The Win7 USB stick works also. It detects the drive on my Wind.

Running the latest BIOS. Tried both SATA modes AHCI and IDE without any luck.

Any suggestions?

/Lefty

Lefty44, Sep 16, 2009
  2. Lefty44

Lefty44

Update:

I moved the RunCore disk to a HP laptop just to make sure it still works. There it's detected by BIOS and Windows 7 setup on the HP. Moved it back to D250 and it was found by BIOS but not Win 7 setup. So problem lies within D250. A bit strange since RunCore is SATA and detects fine in other laptops.

The BIOS detects the drive. But during POST I think (only shows for a sec) that it says something about it's a IDE drive. If I use AHCI mode it ends up on channel one, in IDE mode channel 0. None works.

Is there a driver for Windows 7 I need to load? Tried the XP SATA driver from Acer homepage but it did not work. Windows 7 installs and runs just fine on stock HDD.

D250 has incompability with SSD disks?

*EDIT* According to RunCore my drive is supported for AAO: http://tinyurl.com/l75e8o

Lefty44, Sep 17, 2009
  3. Lefty44

Lefty44

Solved it:

• Installed Windows 7 on stock hdd
    • Downloaded and installed Acronis True Image Home 2010 (eval works AND is Windows 7 supported. I'm impressed)
    • Cloned the installed Win7 to RunCore drive attached with USB
    • Installed RunCore drive into D250 and it worked!

EDIT: Not sure why I had to clone the drive to make it work. I've seen this before, but that was year 1999 on Windows 95... Possible faulty hardware. During Acronis installation I got a BSOD, but I disconnected the RunCore from USB and rebooted. Then installation and cloning went perfect. Have not had time yet to analyze crash dump and stress test hardware...

/Lefty

Lefty44, Sep 18, 2009
Ask a Question