AAO D260-DSS Ram Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by daniu, Dec 13, 2010.

1. daniu

daniu

Hey! I new user Acer Aspire One D260 1GB DDR2 and wants upgrade to 2 GB Memory..This is possible ?? Pls help.

daniu, Dec 13, 2010
  2. daniu

g0rill4z

Hi,Yes the D260 is upgradeable,unlike the original AAO,the D260 has no memory soldered to the mainboard,so there is no empty ram slot.just remove the factory fitted memory and replace with the 2GB DDR-2 memory module.To do do this remove the keyboard and remove 8 screws from underneath,then pop out the bottom black plastic cover and this will give you access to memory ,wi-fi,3g and the hard disk drive,alot more straight forward than the original AAO.use this link to show you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce6ODgk9 ... re=related

g0rill4z, Dec 19, 2010
  3. daniu

tsp_2177

If you find the ram that works with you please post the link. I ordered DDR3 ram for mine cause everywhere said that it was even a app said that mine had DDR3 and it was DDR2 when i opened it up. So please post the link of yours when get it working. I would hate to have to buy another stick that doesn't work.

tsp_2177, Dec 27, 2010
Ask a Question