AAO Problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rand mcnally, Oct 9, 2008.

1. rand mcnally

rand mcnally

Well I sort of killed my AAO, I am running the standard desktop, with the advanced mode on. I went to add/ remove programs and selected ABIword and Pychess. Maybe I hit something else by accident. The update took longer than normal and when it was done, I could not open the desktop menu. I restart the computer and when it had finished booting up the menu bar at the bottom and the search bar at the top were there, the rest of the screen is black. Wifi booted up, If I click on it I get the normal pop-up with networks listed. The same with the battery manager. However I can't open any programs, can't get into terminal, when I hit the home button I get an error; "xfdesktop2 -- gohome: failed to execute child process "xfdesktop2" (no such file or directory)". The look of my icons has changed, it is like I partiality switched to kde or gnome or something.

I tried the recovery usb to restore the settings, it looks like it is working, a lot of "B"s come up on the screen and then it boots up into the above state.

Any ideas. Thanks.

rand mcnally, Oct 9, 2008
  2. rand mcnally

rand mcnally

Never mind, I got the recovery usb to work. Thanks

rand mcnally, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question