aao time keeps changing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tinee, Jan 30, 2009.

1. tinee

tinee

hi i have a acer aspire one 150 and i dual boot winxp and fedora 10 and my time keeps changing everytime i boot up no matter what os i use is there a way to fix this my bios is at the latest update i tried setting the time up in bios and that didnt work can someone help me out

tinee, Jan 30, 2009
  2. tinee

Grim Squeaker

To what does it change exactly ? Correct time plus or minus X hours, or to the same date and time each time ?

Grim Squeaker, Jan 30, 2009
  3. tinee

tinee

its like 4 hours ahead but has the correct date

tinee, Jan 31, 2009
  4. tinee

jeremysdad

Mine always did that, too. Whenever I would use Fedora and then boot into Windows later, my Windows time would be wrong. Never did figure it out, I just let it sync to the Windows time server each time. Takes like thirty seconds, no big deal. Just right click on the clock, and it will open an options menu, where you can sync it up automatically, or set it manually. Sorry I can't be more help. :oops:

jeremysdad, Jan 31, 2009
  5. tinee

jackluo923

Did you have the same timezone selected in both the Linux and windows OS? If you didn't, change it to the same time zone. Since the time is determined from the clock in the bios and the timezone, mixing up the time zone will cause the operating system to sync with time server and change the bios clock.

jackluo923, Jan 31, 2009
  6. tinee

jeremysdad

I did have the same time zone in each. The bios clock never changed, and neither did Fedora's. Only Windows, so I just took the easy fix...sometimes I can be lazy...

jeremysdad, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question