AAO751h XP OpenGL and LiveStation

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by g0nadz, Mar 13, 2011.

1. g0nadz

g0nadz

Hi,

I'm trying to get LiveStation (www.livestation.com) Desktop Player to run smoothly but it get this message on app launch:

Display Driver Performance Issue
    Livestation has detected that your system does not have a proper opengl graphics driver installed.
    This will cause Livestation to run slowly especially in fullscreen mode.
    Please install the latest driver for your graphics card from the manufacturers website.

It works, but the stream is not smooth, picture lags. Annoying to watch...

The system is running XP, all the updates from Acer support have been installed, GMA500 driver is 6.14.11.1018

Is there a solution for this problem? Newer drivers? I have tried the 8.xx and 10.xx driver floating around the web (yes, I have spent quite awhile searching around before posting) and these don't seam to be improving things. Actually the 10.xx drivers made it even worse, sound but no picture at all.

Thanks for any assistance!

P.S. I have been thinking of upgrading it to Win7 but with so low specs on the machine (only 1GB ram etc...) would this improve anything, will there be all the drivers available? If you say that this is what I should do then can someone point me to a good guide with advice on tweaking it to work smooth.

g0nadz, Mar 13, 2011
Ask a Question