aaod250 - Osx doesn't load after first boot

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by juvepower, May 15, 2010.

1. juvepower

juvepower

I've successfully installed osx using iatkos v7 by bypassing the welcome boot using -s. After i configure a new account and reboot the system, chameleon loads up but it doesn't boot at all. no matter what i type in it just doesn't move from the bootloader screen. Any way to bypass or fix this error? Previously i did get it working but after trying to install vmware fusion i got this problem and now no matter how many installs i do i can't get it to boot after the first boot. Please help! any help whatsoever will be appreciated.

juvepower, May 15, 2010
  2. juvepower

yohko101

maybe you can try to make an USB boot drive with Chameleon on it. then, you can set the computer to boot from the USB.

once chameleon loads, you can pick which HD or partition you want boot. you can also try -v (verbose mode) to see where it stops or if you're getting a kernel panic, or ur install just hangs at a particular point :D

yohko101, May 15, 2010
  3. juvepower

juvepower

Tried that but still won't boot. However, i formatted the drive using dban and it's working now. Well i installed over using snowywindosx but encountered some new problems:
    1. Although iatkos v7 i could get osx to recognize my atheros card, in snowywindosx when i install the atheros drivers or the drivers that came with the installer, the airport utility won't come on.
    2. when i install wifi drivers my resolution goes down to 800x600 and the option for 1024 is not there.

Is there any way to correct this? At least get the resolution up and QE/QC enabled?

juvepower, May 16, 2010
  4. juvepower

juvepower

I tried that but it still won't work. When i try to boot after the first load chameleon loads up but no matter what i do it won't boot. it just stays there at chameleon. Can i delete any kext files or anything else to prevent this from happening? or maybe update my bios? will that worK?

juvepower, May 17, 2010
  5. juvepower

yohko101

im pretty sure theres already a d250 guide. have you tried following that step by step?

also, if ur using the atkos version, there are bootloaders included in the 'customization' screen. you should use those instead.

for the aetheros drivers, only certain wifi models are supported. you can google if ur model has kexts for it.

yohko101, May 23, 2010
  6. juvepower

juvepower

i've followed the guides correctly...i just don't know why it doesn't want to boot. i always select chameleon boot loader 2 in the customization screen as the guide stated. i'll try and google the kext file you're talking about and see if i find any driver. Thanks.

juvepower, May 23, 2010
Ask a Question