About Vista OEM Activation on the Aspire One

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lameguest, Nov 29, 2008.

1. lameguest

lameguest

Hi all,

This question is for experienced users who know how the oem activation procedure works in Vista.
    I've noticed (I check with Everest) that the latest BIOS from Acer (0.3305 but maybe even the previouses) includes an authentic SLIC table from Intel Corporation. So, as you know, with a valid OEM key and the right OEM certificate it's possible to activate Vista without using a SLIC emulator (you can call it Vista Loader if you prefer).
    Obviously the key is not a problem, but as far as now i've not found the Intel OEM certificate.
    If someone finds this, or if anyone can grab it from an OEM installation, please let us know !

Thanks in advance,

See you.

lameguest, Nov 29, 2008
  2. lameguest

Mopeto

The computer come with XP [or limpus].
    You should buy Vista to install it on the aspire one, for what do you want a oem install? Its the same. Buy it.

Mopeto, Nov 29, 2008
  3. lameguest

rory

seems more like a is this possible question than a can i do this

rory, Nov 29, 2008
  4. lameguest

gedster314

Well, if you are a student you can get Vista Ultimate upgrade for about $60. There is a hack out there to make the upgrade into a full install.

http://www.microsoft.com/student/discou ... fault.aspx

Also as a student if you join the IEEE/computer society for like $57, you can download Vista Business(full install), XP Pro, Server 2008, Server 2003 and some other software for free.

gedster314, Dec 4, 2008
  5. lameguest

woofer00

It's possible to use an OEM version on any computer, but it's definitely not permitted. Not going to bother explaining it, nor will I respond to PMs about it. You can find with via Google with some creative searches anyway.

woofer00, Dec 6, 2008
  6. lameguest

hafiz

the motherboard+bios just doesn't accept the activation you are trying to use (u are using paradXX oem emulation i presume) why? you hate the loader? there are versions of these loaders which are discreet and ppl wont know that u r using a pirated copy. but the easier way is to get a legit copy. install. activate. done.

hafiz, Dec 6, 2008
Ask a Question