Accessing SD Expansion under XP

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by islandtime, Mar 10, 2009.

1. islandtime

islandtime

Hi All: I've been reading through the various posts that discuss the functionality of the left hand SD Expansion slot. However, I am still not clear that my AAO is working properly. I'm running Windows XP on a machine with the 8 GB SSD and an 8 GB SDHC card in the left hand expansion slot. Under XP, the left hand drive shows up as a letter drive (D:) as expected. However, if I attempt to write anything to D:, I get a "Drive is write protected" message (the SD card itself IS NOT locked). I can read from it, but not write to it. The same SD card in the right side 5 in 1 reader works just fine.

Is this normal behavior? If not, what should I try to update to fix it?

I have it set up to use the SD card for a virtual memory paging file, but if I can't write to it, does that mean the system can't access it as a paging file either?

Is it possible to change the driver and make the machine treat this as a fixed drive rather than a removable drive?

Thanks!

islandtime, Mar 10, 2009
  2. islandtime

Andy72

Hi,

Do you have downloaded the latest driver for the SD-reader?

I also using a HC SD-card in the expansion slot and have no problem writing on the card i XP, I'm also using the SD-card for virtual memmory paging without any issues...

But I also want to know how to change the SD-card shoving as a Fixed disk, For exemple I have all my music on the SD-card and when it showing as a removable disk I can not add music to the library in Window media player, someone having a Solution to go round this?? I have goggling on this and some usb-stick have the possibels to swap the driver, but is there some cracked driver or somtehing for the cardreader reader out there for AA1?

Andy72, Mar 12, 2009
  3. islandtime

islandtime

islandtime, Mar 12, 2009
Ask a Question