Accidentally Deleted Recovery Partition

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nisim777, Oct 17, 2009.

1. nisim777

nisim777

I installed Ubuntu from a thumb drive the other day on my Acer One. After realizing that there are not Ubuntu drivers for the on board video card, I decided to scrap that install. During the processes of uninstalling Linux, I accidentally deleted both my Vista install and my recovery partition. I thought I had only deleted my recovery partition, but when I tried to fix my mbr, no windows install showed.

Anyhow, what options do I have with no cd rom drive? Is there a way to restore the recovery partition? Can I create one on a thumb drive from my existing XP or Vista CDs?

nisim777, Oct 17, 2009
  2. nisim777

Predator04

check out this video on how to install xp or vista from a usb drive

if that doesnt help you try searching for other videos on there. there are a ton of them! good luck

Predator04, Oct 17, 2009
  3. nisim777

cmeide

Also if you have a desktop with SATA interface, it fast and easy to remove the 751's HDD and do what you need with it on the desktop before you put it back in. I did this to clone my original HDD before I started messing with anything.

cmeide, Oct 17, 2009
Ask a Question