Acer 10" D255 Power Supply? Model specifications?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by NetbookD250, Nov 11, 2011.

1. NetbookD250

NetbookD250

I am very old and losing memory. I don't remember the name and how it looks anymore.
    I have both a D250 and a D255 and always use the D250 due to lower sound from Fan running.

Now I need to have them both going so I need to find the power supply for the D255.

How do I know which one it is. My basement is full of powersupply and which one is the one for D255?

Any model name or number or specifications that makes me find it by reading on the plates on them I have?

Replies appreciated!

Edit. Ooops I forgot to tell. I live in Sweden so most likely it is a power supply that can use 230 Volt in
    and live up to European Union CE certificate of safety something?

NetbookD250, Nov 11, 2011
  2. NetbookD250

Swarvey Moderator

I can't tell you a specific model number or anything, but I can tell you that if you look on the bottom of the netbook, there will be a sticker which states the rated input voltage and apmerage. eg. The D250 needs 19Volts at 1.58Amps. Rummage through your power supply collection. You'll probably find the power adapter you need will look just like the D250 power lead. Before plugging it in to test, check the adapter for a good fit, check the sticker on the brick in the power lead to ensure it's output voltage and amperage is the same as the sticker on the bottom of the netbook.

Swarvey, Nov 11, 2011
  3. NetbookD250

NetbookD250

Thanks indeed. You are right. On my D255 it was transparent so I never saw it
    yesterday when I looked too hastily. So I will look for every 19 2.15 that I have and
    most likely it will be the one that look most unused as this is the reserve Netbook
    I bought to use if the D250 got stolen or dropped to floor or somethinge else
    would happen to it. Cost me only 2000SEK so that was a good price for a new one
    but unfortunately the noise from the Fan is very annoying. I don't like that change them did.

The D250 fan is silent in a way that I like. I also have an old Packard Bell Laptop and the fan
    on that one are so noisy that I use it only if it is the only way to get something done.

NetbookD250, Nov 12, 2011
Ask a Question