Acer 522 memtest trouble ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by starbright, May 8, 2011.

1. starbright

starbright

I was updating my Acer 522 with 2Gb of RAM. Everything works fine so far. Than I thought it is a good idea to make a memtest - as you never now. So I downloaded memtest86+, which is one of the best RAM Test programms (http://www.memtest.org/#downiso).
    I was surprised to see, that all 3 RAMS I have (the original 1GB and the 2 2GB) show exactly the same 6 errors at exactly the same location. So from my point of view this can't be connected with wrong RAM but with either problems of Hardware (Motherboard, Processor) or some software issue (BIOS, memtest itself). That's way I would ask you to repeat this test, to find out whether just my hardware is defect or this is probably no problem but some issue for all Acer 522 as (speculation) some addresses are remapped in BIOS...
    Although memtest can spend a lot of time for a complete test, this messages come quit fast after start, so you have to spend just 1 minute or 2.
    Please let me know about you results.
    Regards

starbright, May 8, 2011
Ask a Question