Acer 6 cell question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by penguin5, Sep 12, 2008.

1. penguin5

penguin5

Im looking to get the acer one with a flash module but the only reason why Im holding off is because Im waiting for the 6 cell version to come out. My question is this, is the new acer one with 6 cell going to have a flash module version as well or just 160GB Hard Drive? Because if all that they will come up with is a 160GB Hard drive and a six cell, Im not sure what to wait for then.

Thanks!

penguin5, Sep 12, 2008
  2. penguin5

wongry2008

Acer already has a version with an ssd and 6 cell battery, I'm writing the reply to you on it (grin). I bought it at Newegg.com. The six cell battery gives me around 5-6 hr battery life.

wongry2008, Sep 13, 2008
  3. penguin5

penguin5

What???? How on earth did I miss that. I have been researching this laptop for a week and never came across this information. When did this happen. I hope I dont sound stupid but I certainly feel like it. So did they just come out with the 6 cell version of this aao?

penguin5, Sep 13, 2008
  4. penguin5

wongry2008

Eh, I'm not sure how long it was out. I just happened to be looking at the Newegg site around the beginning of September and found it. It seemed like the model was out for awhile, it started out at a price of $449.99 and was cut to $399.99 when Acer cut its prices across the board.

wongry2008, Sep 14, 2008
  5. penguin5

radu

Yes, I also got my 6cell, 8GB SD, 1GB of Ram (Linpus) from Newegg for 400 bucks.
    Very good value, under Linux (Linpus) the uptime is around 6-7 hours (about 1 hour of actually working on it, and 5:30 of idle).

I remember checking NewEgg every day to see when the will come up with a 6 cell battery :D

radu, Sep 14, 2008
  6. penguin5

Tavel

You didn't really miss it it because it's not listed under laptops, you have to specifically search for it. Only in white and out of stock anyway, pass. I'll just wait on my aoa150-1447 pre-order, after linpus I can't wait to hit up windows xp...isn't that sad? lol.

Tavel, Sep 14, 2008
Ask a Question