Acer 6920

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hbaublit, Oct 16, 2008.

1. hbaublit

hbaublit

OK I have seen a lot of questions geared toward this one but none like mine. So here it goes I have a acer Aspire 6920, My problem is the touch media center on the right side of the keyboard,the one with play pause volume and all the other stuff. At this time it will do nothing. it shows the mute button on and the volume all the way up, yet the mute really isn't on and the volume really isn't all the way up. When I touch the pad it does nothing no matter how hard i touch it. I have been told that this panel and the touch pad for the mouse work hand in hand. Yet the mouse touch pad works fine. and is enabled. I have windows Vista home premium with service pack 1. I have seen the same question with the 5920 but in control panel->additional options-> I do not have options for the Synaptic Acer Media Touch so that was no help. One more note I have had this problem once before and after a restart it worked fine. But no luck this time.

hbaublit, Oct 16, 2008
  2. hbaublit

hbaublit

Wow this forum is great. After hours of searching earlier and continuing to search while I was waiting for help I stumbled upon a page that helped. He said to unplug the computer and remove the battery for at least 10 seconds. And like magic it worked. Thanks Acer Guy and thanks Aspire one user forum. I feel had I not posted I wouldn't have found my answer. Hopefully this will help others.

hbaublit, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question