Acer a110 mods

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by billbobumpo, Mar 10, 2013.

1. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

[​IMG]Well, I was given an Acer Aspire One A110 by a friend. It had the slow 8 gb sdd and 1 gb of ram. It had windows XP installed. It was so slow the Op sys should have been called window XP instead of windows because if you had two windows open it almost stopped!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    billbobumpo, Mar 10, 2013
  2. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

The first thing to do was to order parts. A 1 GB SODIMM from Crucial, a 32 GB Trascend 400x CF card, a ZIF CF card adaptor and a new battery. So two weeks of waiting till it all gets here, the CF card adaptor comes from china. When it all arrives its time for surgery. Of course the CF adaptor didnt work. The battery never came (lost in the mail), but the SODIMM worked. so I renstalled the 8B sdd and installed UBUNTU and it ran considerably better. I had to order a flip cable. another two wee wait.

3. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

here is a shot of the screen showing the card not being recognized. and the old bio version. The other is a shot of the 8GB sdd and the new bios version

4. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

Still trying to upload pics

Attached Files:

billbobumpo, Mar 11, 2013
  5. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

picture of old bios

Attached Files:

billbobumpo, Mar 12, 2013
  6. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

All my parts are finally in. Using the ZIF flip cable I installed the 32GB CF card. The bios still didnt recognize it, but it showed up in the boot order as ide0. So I started an install of ubuntu linux while it was still dissasebled and all went well. At that point I completed the reassembly and did a complete intall of unbuntu. I used a drimel to clear out a spot to install the CF card reader and used dbl sided tape to mount it to the inside of the case.

Attached Files:

7. billbobumpo

billbobumpo

8. billbobumpo

Adamo

Great changes you have made, very useful for those who do not have a weak heart. This allows us, if you want to do something and you have some interest in what you do, you will succeed.

Adamo, Mar 20, 2013
Ask a Question