Acer AO522 x64 drivers

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Guest, Aug 2, 2011
  2. Guest

icneumone

Hi mate. If you have allready win7 x64 installed, do not run windows update before:
    -Install all OEM drivers from Acer site. Despite they only refer to x86 drivers, they all come with x64 support.
    -Important is that before you install any other drivers, you install all of the above mentioned, for the system to identify all the correct devices. (example: my video card is amd apu with wrestler gpu radeon hd 6250, i installed the correct driver but after that i did AMD driver detect and they installed radeon hd6310 driver for better energy and eficiency management.)
    -After all OEM drivers installed you can run winUpdate and any other driver updates you wish. Be sure that they are the correct drivers and original free of spyware and S**t! After this, windows himself will detect any other driver update needed if it brings any improvement.
    If any of the OEM doesnt support win x64, windows will also update the driver if possible to x64.
    Even if there are no x64 drivers available, windows will always install the ones you have in x86 folder.

David Portugal :D

icneumone, Jan 13, 2012
Ask a Question