ACER ASPHIRE ONE D 260

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ckaiga, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ckaiga

ckaiga

Hi,
    I am a Linux Fan. I Got addicted three years back & still remain same. It has given me a great relief against all difficulties of Windows OS. I have tried Ubuntu & now using linux Mint(Ver 8)in my desktop. Last week I brought ACER ASPHIRE ONE D 260 Netbook with preloaded Win XP. Sooner or later I would like to purify it by installing Linux OS. I Kindly request the group members to share their experiance in the above matter.Priorities are good wifi,netconnection support,multimedia,LAN driver & finally Games. Please suggest.

ckaiga, Nov 19, 2010
  2. ckaiga

tsp_2177

I have Ubuntu 10.10 on my D-260 and it works SOOOOO much better than the windows 7 starter ever even thought about. Haven't had any trouble with the WIFI once I installed the drivers of course. Sometimes it takes a while to connect to my Fiances Verizon MIFI, but any other router i haven't had any troubles. Overall i have enjoyed Ubuntu on this laptop. Battery life seems pretty close to the same, maybe like 30 mins less. No other problems that i can say though. Been using it for about 3 weeks shared partition and 1 week with no windows 7 at all and don't plan on looking back lol. Hope you try it and get the same results as me.

tsp_2177, Dec 21, 2010
  3. ckaiga

tsp_2177

O and try this out when you get a chance. It's a great set of games and you can pay anything you want and as long as you save the email you can download it and install on windows/mac/linux as many times as you want.
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

tsp_2177, Dec 21, 2010
Ask a Question