Acer Aspire 5920 cant recover

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Dkloss29, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Dkloss29

Dkloss29

A friend of mine is having me look at there laptop and the issue is when it powers on there is a screen that pops up after running saying windows cannot automatically recover your computer at this time. When I go into the next screen and then advanced I was able to restore it to a previous point but it still wants to boot to that partition instead. I had an issue like this but it was with a Dell laptop and I deleted the partition for the media player, I was wondering which partition is the recovery partition, when I boot it up using Ghost I am able to browse through the folders and see there is a (Acer C:, Data D:, and a Boot X:), out of all those im assuming the X is the hidden partition for recovery, can someone either help me find an easier way of fixing this without doing a full recovery, if its the drive thats the issue when thats what we will have to do.

Thank You
    Don

Dkloss29, Oct 18, 2009
Ask a Question