Acer Aspire A110 Linux? please help me

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by fordmadmat, Jan 1, 2010.

1. fordmadmat

fordmadmat

Hi there folks i'm new to this operating system and am a pc novice!!
    Any how i got a acer aspire A110 linux in august 2008 to use as a portable laptop i used it very little (max 40 times in a year) then one day 3-4 months ago it turned off on me whilst plugged into the mains, i turned it back on and after removing the power lead and battery several times it finally came back on, i put it away and it was 3-4 wks later when i went to use it again, and i have to take bettery/power lead in and out a few times before the netbook recognise's them and the power light comes on, then as soon as i try and switch it on nothing, both lights go out and i have to remove power supply and battery several times out of 100 trys i got it to turn on once but have had no joy since, surely a netbook should last more than 40 days of use?? any ideas how to fix it or does any one want to buy it??, it is immaculate condition except this fault
    REMEMBER i am a novice so if someone can give me instructions how to fix it make the baby talk so to speak

Rgds Mat

Happy new year everyone

fordmadmat, Jan 1, 2010
  2. fordmadmat

fordmadmat

sorry i thought this was a place ppl helped you??
    loads of vies but no can be bothered to help eh???

fordmadmat, Jan 8, 2010
  3. fordmadmat

Nambleruk

Hi

Try to recover by flashing the bios, I had similar problems myself not so long back.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4153 this link should help.

It could be your battery has reached a low level of charge and isnt being recognised. Again, this happened to me. Leaving it on charge for a few days seems to reset/reconfigure it and the battery returns to normal.

Try performing searches on this forum though, there is a wealth of information out there.
    It's helped me numerous times.

Have fun.

Nambleruk, Jan 8, 2010
Ask a Question